The Final King of the North

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: The Final King of the North

#111 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

Hi Kosonen,

You might remember this post and your response (here) in connection with my comment about possible fulfillment of the "time and times and half a time" of Dan 12:7.

You related it to the same mentioned time period for the 11th horn of Daniel 7. (Dan 7:21-22, 25-26) I'll post more later on it (because I'm at work at the moment). But I'm starting to put together what you were saying. (You know it takes a while for us old people to catch on.)

Bobcat

Index to This Thread

Bobcat

#112 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

A link (here) provided by CI regarding Eratosthenes and the science of a spherical earth. Parked here for future use in connection with Dan 2. (Thanks CI).

A link (here) wherein a political scientist discusses why he sees democracy cannot work in the long run.

Bobcat

Index to This Thread

Stranger

#114 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Gspence wrote:
1 year ago
What a fascinating read. I've been a follower of this topic on many sites for many years. As an ex member of the JWs, it can be difficult to separate what was programmed when doing your own research. I've been pondering whether we may have a combo package of "Kings" at the moment. I see that some have posited that the final KoN will be one individual. I wonder though if the North King is a combo of Russia and China, both of whom have definitely engaged in a pushing, and of whom still are pushing. The word engaged denotes how it takes at least 2 to tango. There is not one side pushing more. On the South team, I wonder if it is also a combo of Western powers, ie Canada and the USA. In particular, of late the US, Canada and China have been engaged in a pushing over the detention and harrassment of Huwawei folks, as well as the same treatment of Canadian and US figures currently jailed by China in retaliation. Of course there is also the pushing between Trump's election and the whole Russia investigation etc. The 2 Kings represent vastly different political ideals, and perhaps this connects to the rivalry set up in Eden by Satan. Some say democracy and it's main 2 party colours are a brilliantly designed distraction to keep people too busy fighting and separated. I'm certainly not as well versed as others in this thread, but does any of this resonate with anyone else?
Hello Gspence,

Welcome to this blessed forum and thank you for your posts!

For me personally what you are describing is just current events, I know that a lot of people like to believe that we are living in the days of Biblical prophetic fulfillment, and in a sense we are. Fifty years ago people believed the same thing, One hundred and fifty years ago, well, they believed the same thing, two thousand years ago, the Apostles, were questioning the King of Kings about the same thing. The point being is that what difference does it make who the heck is the King of the North, when really all that matters is who is King of Kings?

Trying to figure out who this King is, is like trying to figure out Armageddon's date. Until some King stands up and declares he is the King of the North described in the Bible and can prove the proclamation, it's just a guessing game!

The JW's have already declared who it is, and just like all their other premature predictions that have not come to fulfillment, this will turn out to be just another one.

BTW, you don't have to be well versed to prove something that can't be proven.

Stranger, (Ps 68:20)

Bobcat

#115 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

A lengthy article on Antiochus IV Epiphanes can be found here. It discusses in detail his relationship with the Jews. But it also discusses some of the history of those that preceded him as well as his campaigns against the Ptolemaic dynasty in Egypt and his relationship with Rome.

The link is mostly related to this post in this thread, and under the sub-title, A "Final" King of the North.

Bobcat

Index to This Thread

Bobcat

#116 Post by Bobcat » 11 months ago

Some resources regarding the Roman-Parthian War of 54-63 AD and its aftermath. Parked here for future use:

Here (Also see "Aftermath") regarding Dan 11:43.

Here (including aftermath)

Bobcat

Index to This Thread

Bobcat

#117 Post by Bobcat » 9 months ago

Linking to a post regarding the WT's interpretation of Dan 11:25-26 in the 5/2020 WT study: Here.

Bobcat

Index to This Thread

Bobcat

#118 Post by Bobcat » 9 months ago

References to the Promised Land as "the glorious land" ("the beautiful land" - NET; "land of the decoration" - NWT): Dan 8:9; 11:16, 41, 45; Compare Jer 3:19; Ezek 20:6, 15.

Bobcat

Index to This Thread

Bobcat

#119 Post by Bobcat » 2 weeks ago

I updated the index to this thread and installed links to it throughout the thread.

Bobcat

Index to This Thread