Armageddon and the salesmanship behind it!

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Stranger

Re: Armageddon and the salesmanship behind it!

#21 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Hello Amos and to all,

Thank you all, for the brilliant comments. After reading all of them throughout the day, including my own, (humbly speaking, mine were not brilliant), plus doing some other reading and investigating, I can honestly say that I feel scattered. Don't take that in a negative way! (James 1:1 KJV) or NWT.

My brother was telling me about these people that think that words have changed in the Bible supernaturally, most instances are in the KJV.
They call it the "Mandela effect" maybe some here are familiar with it. Personally speaking I have my doubts and don't know how reputable this source (below) is or is not.

(mandelabiblechanges.com/index.php/2018/04/24/top-40-bizarre-new-words-in-your-kjv-bibles/)

Earlier today I said:
For some reason I was thinking that Abram met Melchizedek in the Valley of Megiddo, but that was the Valley of "Shaveh". (Gen 14:17,18)
I almost wrote it without double checking, but I double checked and found myself wrong, and wrote what is printed in the Bible. I cant recall each time this has happened to me, but it has happened on prior occasions before today.

Does anyone have any similar experience?

In the words of Forrest Gump "mama always said life "was" like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."

Stranger,( Ps 73:8,9)

Bruno

#22 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Stranger wrote:
1 year ago

In the words of Forrest Gump "mama always said life "was" like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."

Stranger,( Ps 73:8,9)
Hi Stranger,

Personally I don't worry too much about translations and if they are 100% accurate or not.

I think there is a difference between reading the scriptures and living the scriptures. Its like with those chocolates :) if you just look at them with diving in and trying them out you will never know if they taste right or not. Our sense of taste is something we don't have much control over.

If it tastes right and sounds right then it's probably right. Still it's only when you try and put it into practice that you will know for sure.

God tastes good and he has placed within us a sense of taste which recognizes what "good" tastes like.

He has also placed within us a capacity for hunger and thirst. So sooner or later you are going to eat and drink.
I think thats why Jesus liked hanging out at wells :)

John 4:7 Soon a Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus said to her, “Please give me a drink.” 8 He was alone at the time because his disciples had gone into the village to buy some food.

Matthew 5:3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him

Hebrews 6:5
who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age--

1 Peter 2:3
now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

Psalm 63:5
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:

Song of Solomon 2:3
As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
Karl

Stranger

#23 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Bruno wrote,
Personally I don't worry too much about translations and if they are 100% accurate or not.

I think there is a difference between reading the scriptures and living the scriptures.

Stranger wrote,
Of course I don't just read my Bible, I listen to it, I scrutinize it, I live it out, and I protect it from incoming enemy fire. (I'm sure you know what I mean!)

You weren't to sure about those "grits" in Jacksonville now were ya? :D

Have you heard this one lately?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxslbXDBmaY

Stranger, :hearteyes:

Bruno

#24 Post by Bruno » 1 year ago

Stranger wrote:
1 year ago

Of course I don't just read my Bible, I listen to it, I scrutinize it, I live it out, and I protect it from incoming enemy fire. (I'm sure you know what I mean!)
I know you do Stranger :)

You know, as the word of God is alive, it's quite normal to see the words move around from time to time :shock:
No matter how distracted we may become by all this movement, all scriptural roads eventually end right back here. This never moves and never will :)

The Greatest Commandment
…37Jesus declared, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”…

Stranger wrote:
1 year ago
You weren't to sure about those "grits" in Jacksonville now were ya? :D
Well spotted Watson :clap:

Grits without Soul just doesn’t taste quite right :naughty:

Thankfully God fixed that problem :bow:

Karl

Get out of her

#25 Post by Get out of her » 1 year ago

Amos wrote:
I do now believe the entire bible has been manipulated by both scribes, translators & theologists.
The more I personally research the scriptures the more I find this statement by Amos to be VERY accurate REGARDLESS of what particular Bible translation we might happen to prefer. Jehovah in fact never said that his written word would not be suffering attacks at the hand of his enemies. Rather he only warned of the consequences for this action. (Re 22:18, 19) As unfortunate as it might be, this is exactly why we should ALL develop the habit of examining and comparing not simply various translations in our Bible research, but even various Bible word dictionaries and interlinears. We want to do this on EVERY occasion on which the TRUE message being conveyed has been called into question.

But this of course would be as they say-"a no brainer," and even if we master this procedure, really it can ultimately get us only so far. So really the only question here would be- how are we to go about HANDLING this particular problem? How are we to begin putting this damage to God's word in perspective in order to achieve the balance that Bruno is advocating here, rather than beginning to feel "scattered" as if we are actually the "LOST sheep of the house of Israel,"..."skinned and thrown about like sheep WITHOUT a shepherd?" (Joh 16:32) (Mt 9:36 10:6)

This would be accomplished by our learning to begin focusing more on the "LIVING word" or "LIVING bread," rather than the WRITTEN one. (Joh 1:1 6:51) But how exactly would we go about doing this?

AS ALWAYS this begins with "PRAYER," and not simply prayer, but more specifically "prayer on EVERY OCCASION." (Eph 6:18) But see, what if "every occasion" on which we read and study God's word for us personally might actually be one or twice a year? Worse yet, what if we were to forget that PARTICULARLY when we are asking something from God, our ACTIONS speak much louder than our words? (Lu 11:9-13)

In other words, if we are asking God for his holy spirit as mentioned here in Luke 11:13, or even simply MORE of his spirit, how exactly is he to respond if we are not doing OUR part in MAKING MORE ROOM IN OURSELVES FOR IT? We of course do this by our OBEDIENCE to God's laws and clean standards. Do we really grasp just how difficult a thing it is for God to put something clean and holy into a DIRTY vessel!

Are we genuinely making continual progress in overcoming our personal flaw, weaknesses, or even unclean HABITS? How are we doing on our pride for example? Did we perhaps overlook the fact that this was the BIGGEST obstacle even for Jesus' twelve disciples? (Mr 9:34) (Lu 9:46 22:24)

You see, it cannot be overstated that even if EVERY LETTER OF EVERY WORD in the Bible translation you are using today was PERFECTLY in line with what was penned by the ancient prophets who originally wrote them, the fact is that NONE OF US are in ANY position to even BEGIN grasping the true "concealed" "sacred secrets" of God's word ANYHOW, unless it is granted to us by God's holy spirit! (Ge 40:8) (Col 2:3) (Pr 2:4) (Mt 11:25) (1 Cor 4:1) (Da 2:28, 29) Are you beginning to feel you have more perspective or a more balanced view on this issue now?

Agape love;
Sol

Stranger

#26 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Well, we have another up and coming salesman that is trying to cash in on the prey. The more he gets the more he wants, he's lucky to get any, but with weak prey around he's gonna get some. Yes, another JW mini, with a small herd of miniature minis and a WT historian. Says he gonna be a publisher with a publishing network and write books with verbatim titles and clarify the need for the M&M's (miniture minis) to BUY them and read them.

"Thank you for listening and thank you for your support". *(Those are not my words)!

But I do love these:

NWT: "Here I am against the prophets of false dreams" is the utterance of Jehovah, "who relate them and cause my people to wander about because of their falsehoods and because of their boasting." "But I myself did not send them or command them. So they will by no means benefit this people," is the utterance of Jehovah.

Stranger, (Jer 23:32) Thank you my friend!

Stranger

#27 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

Jerimiah wrote,
A private channel could help, don't want to hog this channel.
Hi Jerimiah,

I found a quiet channel but not completely private. We would have to synchronize a home channel to repel the outside interference for classified transmissions.

Jerimiah wrote,
Stranger,

I've been monitoring all the channels on this box. The waves have gotten pretty choppy under this lilypad, with a newly formed publishing house (yes I copied you Stranger), abodes, baptism, virgins, bread and wine, my DF needle is bouncing all over. Just can't get a bearing on that signal. Wiser for me to keep silent (Job 13:5).
With all the reverb and echo boxes including atmospheric ground noise, I just squelch them out till I hear something that's worth listening to, then I'll RF gain them in for clarity.
I hope my waves are not contributing to the wake that you're encountering in the water and I'm happy to hear they are not skipping right over you, it must be that LP you're using for an umbrella giving you the signal. But at least you're not a mud duck anymore.

I'll tell you what, my projection stick is still laying on the ground and I've been modulating just fine, my SWR is flat and doesn't even move when I key. I'm kind of hesitant to make it a full fledged aerial just yet, plus I know what it's like climbing towers. Height is might, but like I said I'm still squashing the ionosphere with my whisker on the ground. (lol) I don't want to be too loud just yet.

Jeremiah wrote,
The other side of which lyrics?
There's always two sides to every story and it's always wise to listen to both with both your ears on. I know you can hear me! Crank it up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHbelZhXsFI

Note: No encoding in this particular signal being received, will notify when necessary. Over.

Stranger, (Acts 3:9)

Orchid61

#28 Post by Orchid61 » 3 weeks ago

The more I personally research the scriptures the more I find this statement by Amos to be VERY accurate REGARDLESS of what particular Bible translation we might happen to prefer. Jehovah in fact never said that his written word would not be suffering attacks at the hand of his enemies. Rather he only warned of the consequences for this action. (Re 22:18, 19) As unfortunate as it might be, this is exactly why we should ALL develop the habit of examining and comparing not simply various translations in our Bible research, but even various Bible word dictionaries and interlinears. We want to do this on EVERY occasion on which the TRUE message being conveyed has been called into question.

But this of course would be as they say-"a no brainer," and even if we master this procedure, really it can ultimately get us only so far. So really the only question here would be- how are we to go about HANDLING this particular problem? How are we to begin putting this damage to God's word in perspective in order to achieve the balance that Bruno is advocating here, rather than beginning to feel "scattered" as if we are actually the "LOST sheep of the house of Israel,"..."skinned and thrown about like sheep WITHOUT a shepherd?" (Joh 16:32) (Mt 9:36 10:6)

This would be accomplished by our learning to begin focusing more on the "LIVING word" or "LIVING bread," rather than the WRITTEN one. (Joh 1:1 6:51) But how exactly would we go about doing this?

AS ALWAYS this begins with "PRAYER," and not simply prayer, but more specifically "prayer on EVERY OCCASION." (Eph 6:18) But see, what if "every occasion" on which we read and study God's word for us personally might actually be one or twice a year? Worse yet, what if we were to forget that PARTICULARLY when we are asking something from God, our ACTIONS speak much louder than our words? (Lu 11:9-13)

In other words, if we are asking God for his holy spirit as mentioned here in Luke 11:13, or even simply MORE of his spirit, how exactly is he to respond if we are not doing OUR part in MAKING MORE ROOM IN OURSELVES FOR IT? We of course do this by our OBEDIENCE to God's laws and clean standards. Do we really grasp just how difficult a thing it is for God to put something clean and holy into a DIRTY vessel!

Are we genuinely making continual progress in overcoming our personal flaw, weaknesses, or even unclean HABITS? How are we doing on our pride for example? Did we perhaps overlook the fact that this was the BIGGEST obstacle even for Jesus' twelve disciples? (Mr 9:34) (Lu 9:46 22:24)

You see, it cannot be overstated that even if EVERY LETTER OF EVERY WORD in the Bible translation you are using today was PERFECTLY in line with what was penned by the ancient prophets who originally wrote them, the fact is that NONE OF US are in ANY position to even BEGIN grasping the true "concealed" "sacred secrets" of God's word ANYHOW, unless it is granted to us by God's holy spirit! (Ge 40:8) (Col 2:3) (Pr 2:4) (Mt 11:25) (1 Cor 4:1) (Da 2:28, 29) Are you beginning to feel you have more perspective or a more balanced view on this issue now?
Thank you brother Sol :clap: :waving:

Jeremiah

#29 Post by Jeremiah » 3 weeks ago

Stranger wrote
I hope my waves are not contributing to the wake
Not likely. This is my own wake.
I tell you straight then, are we all Kings and Priests here, cos I'm just a simple man. 'Out here on my own.'
I know you can hear me! Crank it up.
Seems like I missed some of the good stuff in my formative years. Never too late to learn a new tune. I hear you but it seems you have a higher code clearance. Over.

Bobcat

#30 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

Cross-linking threads with this one due to some similarity of topic.

Bobcat