The Disciple Jesus Loved = Lazarus?

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: The Disciple Jesus Loved = Lazarus?

#121 Post by Bobcat » 8 months ago

A thread (here) on Jesus' use of the term, "truly I say ..." Interestingly, the 4th gospel only uses the phrase, "truly, truly I say ..."

This difference with the 4th gospel is curious. If John the apostle was the original writer of the 4th gospel, it would seem strange that he would use this modified version of the phrase (compared with the synoptics), when he was a regular traveling companion of Jesus.

This modified version in the 4th gospel might be indirect evidence of a writer who was not a regular traveling companion of Jesus during his ministry.

Bobcat

Thread Index

Bobcat

#122 Post by Bobcat » 7 months ago

On the possibility that Jn 6:4 might be related to this thread, here is a thread on that verse.

Bobcat

Thread Index

Bobcat

#123 Post by Bobcat » 6 months ago

A Reddit AcademicBiblical thread on who was the author of the fourth gospel: Here.

I referenced this due to its general relationship to this thread and a number of links in the reply area of the thread.

Bobcat

Thread Index

Bobcat

#124 Post by Bobcat » 6 months ago

Another Reddit AcademicBiblical thread on the authorship of the fourth gospel: Here.

It includes some interesting reference material and links.

Bobcat

Thread Index