The Gentile Times . . . Reconsidered

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: The Gentile Times . . . Reconsidered

#181 Post by Bobcat » 11 months ago

A very interesting documentary related to this post (under the sub-title, Impending Ecological Catastrophe):

This documentary was made prior to the current pandemic. But because of the pandemic Michael Moore decided to release it via YouTube. It is a sobering look at the green/environmental movement.

Breaking News: I put in a new link to the video. The video was taken down from YouTube due to a DCMA complaint against 4 seconds of the film. But it is back up now. The video below explains what happened:

Bobcat

Index to Main Articles in This Thread

Bobcat

#182 Post by Bobcat » 10 months ago

I got a new link to the video in post # 181 above. Apparently the video upset those who control the 'green revolution.' I also added a video that explains what all the fuss was about.

I also expanded the index to this thread. It now includes a subject index. To go there just click on the link below my user name.

Bobcat

Bobcat

#183 Post by Bobcat » 10 months ago

Just putting a note here for future reference or study about the possibility that Lu 21:24 and Ac 17:26 are related. That is, that the "Gentile Times" of Lu 21:24 meant something similar to the "appointed times" of Ac 17:26. There does appear to be some possible conceptual similarities between the two verses, along with the fact that Luke is the writer of both.

There also appears to be a vague hint of the scattering of humans at the Tower of Babel incident. (Gen 11:1-9; De 32:8)

Bobcat

Bobcat

#184 Post by Bobcat » 9 months ago

Cross-linking another post (here) with this thread for reference purposes. The post has links of interest.

This is another post I want to cross-link to here. It has a link to John Aquila Brown's Even-Tide in PDF format.

And just as an interesting aside, here is an explanation to the seven times that is very similar to WT's, but from a dissident group within the WT. They have some changes to the WT's understanding.

Here also is a PDF of a Bible Student newsletter that includes many time calculations similar to the WT's calculations (but not exactly the same). Interestingly, they use the MT for their dating and their dating is very similar to the dating I arrived at in this post. But, for reference, see this post which has the MT's dating corrected with the LXX & SP.

Bobcat

Bobcat

#185 Post by Bobcat » 6 months ago

Quora thread on how the Egyptians were able to build the pyramids: Here. (See also this post.)

Reported sign at pyramid construction site: "Aliens (without green cards) need not apply" :D

Bobcat

coccus ilicis

#186 Post by coccus ilicis » 6 months ago

Bobcat wrote:
6 months ago
Quora thread on how the Egyptians were able to build the pyramids: Here. (See also this post.)

Reported sign at pyramid construction site: "Aliens (without green cards) need not apply" :D

Bobcat

Hello Bobcat,

Thank you for posting those letters. To put the letters into perspective of the prevailing situation, the German letter to Hitler is dated June 25th 1933, which was after American Jews had initiated a world-wide boycott of German goods and services on Jan 23rd 1933; see Wikipedia anti-Nazi boycott. It was shortly after Hitler had been voted in as Chancellor. Outright attacks against Jewish businesses in Germany started in Nov 1938 Kristallnacht.

Here is Benjamin Friedman's 1961 speech that clearly identifies the harlot and casts more light on what went on at that time.

It clearly demonstrates the 'measure for measure' principle at work (Mt 7:2). What I am beginning to see is that YHWH, after getting the ball rolling by putting the thought into the hearts of the 10 kings starting with the reformation - see Post 194 here & Rev 17:13,16, 17, is letting it take its course until there will have been a clear separation. Seperating those who love God with their whole heart soul and mind and love their fellow-man as themselves, from those that don't. He says: ..." I am creating the fruit of the lips, there will be continuous peace to the one that is far away and to the one that is near... and I will heal him... (Isa 57:19). And we certainly all need healing.
LRW~

Bobcat

#187 Post by Bobcat » 6 months ago

Hi CI,

I'm trying to grasp how this is related to pyramid building. :shrug: (Or does your post belong in another thread? If so, it can be moved.)

Bobcat

coccus ilicis

#188 Post by coccus ilicis » 6 months ago

Bobcat wrote:
6 months ago
Hi CI,

I'm trying to grasp how this is related to pyramid building. :shrug: (Or does your post belong in another thread? If so, it can be moved.)

Bobcat
Hello Bobcat,

I am also trying to grasp what is going on here. Sorry for the delay in replying, I'm pretty sure I replied to this post the other day, but it looks like I didn't, so here is the gist of what I said again.

In my post #186 above, I thought I was replying to the post where you provided the links for Rutherford's letter to Hitler. I could blame the mix up on a senior moment or my dyslexia difficulties, or whatever :? . Who knows? If you can fix it, please do, but if not, delete it.

Thanks for your vigilance and all your hard work.
LRW~

Bobcat

#189 Post by Bobcat » 6 months ago

Hi CI,
I could blame the mix up on a senior moment or my dyslexia difficulties, or whatever

Hey, welcome to the club! :crazy: I'll do what I can with it. I think it goes in the "Some Less-Known JW WWII History" thread." I'll move it there soon. Work is quite busy right now.

Bobcat

Stranger

#190 Post by Stranger » 6 months ago

Bobcat wrote,

From post #31 of this thread.
A "Beautiful" Tree

Nebuchadnezzar continued his description of the tree:
"Its foliage was beautiful, and its fruit was abundant, and there was food on it for all. Beneath it the beasts of the field would seek shade, and on its branches the birds of the heavens would dwell, and all creatures would feed from it." (Dan 4:12)
After hearing the king recount the dream, but before giving the interpretation of it, Daniel retold what the watcher said:
‘And the king saw a watcher, a holy one, coming down from the heavens, who was saying: “Chop down the tree and destroy it." ' (Dan 4:23)

Hi Bobcat,

Just a quick thought, Do you think it's at all possible that the King was dreaming about the Garden of Eden at the time of eviction? (Gen 3:24)

Stranger