The Gentile Times . . . Reconsidered

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
AmosAu3

Re: The Gentile Times . . . Reconsidered

#171 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi Bobcat,

Once again, thanks for posting all this information and calculations. It begins to put things into perspective.

I'll digest this and come back with anything that I think is important enough to mention.

Great work!

Amos.

John S

#172 Post by John S » 1 year ago

Everything I read about the Great Pyramid tells me it is not a construct of the Egyptians at all.

No.1

There are NO hieroglyphics on or in the Great Pyramid

No.2

The size and quality of construction is beyond human means or ability to this day, although saw striations can be found as well as power drill evidence on huge coffin like marble boxes, no bodies are in evidence at all, and no indication this Pyramid is a tomb.

No.3

Only one reference is seen of any Egyptian nature: a hastily graffiti wording on a small side room off one chamber, but it is in no way datable to the origination period of construction. It is super amateurish, and any ‘Pharoah ’ would never agree to such graffiti.

There was a granite or super hard marble casing stones over the entire pyramid originally, that survived intact until around the 8th century I believe ce. These would prevent erosion of limestone certainly from falling water. Around the 8th century it was stripped off by Moslems I think the article said to build a mosque I believe. It was white .

The construction of cutting the atones, fitting with microscopic precision alone...ALONE ...testifies to the fact these were built by , ‘the gods’.

The sons of god certainly came with technology far superior to anything we have today, as they traveled here in craft calable of bringing them across the vastness of space. The heavens above.

And certainly , as humans bore witness to the beautiful appearance of this race of beings, as Biblical witnesses relate in our Bible, that these angels appear as sons of the gods, and also , these angels did not get sick or age...,,then think about it!

They were gods to pre Flood people.

And they showed their abilities by building the great structures we today can study at leisure and wonder, “....how in the world....”

And yes, its not from our world.

John S

#173 Post by John S » 1 year ago

Another add to challenge the “pyramid would be crushed by water pressure,” theory:

Solid stone is unaffected by water pressure.

There are only thre very small rooms deep under the pyramid, showing it is not a hollow room, and construction is super strong. Small tunnels 8” across connect the rooms. Even the greatest pressure one could imagine underwater could never collapse the Great Pyramid ...it is basically solid.

And your conclusions that a hard river of water slams into everything on earth as the video you presented us....is not according to what the scriptures say any. It was something that took 40 days for the water levels to raise, gradually.

RAIN. Not a slamming violet crushing water impact is referred to, otherwise the Ark itself too would be pulverized.

You are making way too many assumptions about the violence of the water, and saying solid stone would be crushed? No way.

Many think the GP was a power plant, not a tomb of the Egyptians at all, which is now highly regarded as ‘old school’ thinking.

And we could go on and on.

Stranger

#174 Post by Stranger » 1 year ago

Bobcat wrote:
1 year ago
Which "time" in particular are you asking about? (For the flood? the building of the pyramids?)

Hi Bobcat,

I was really referring to the time of the flood and actually how many people were destroyed other than the Eight that got spared.

Not that I believe in evolution, but at some point in time the actual count of the earth (population) had to coincide with the count of creation it would seem, whether or not one believes in evolution or creation the population is at 7.5 billion now. The records of history indicate the population of the world in A.D.1 at around 170 million.
Here's a video of a population graph with the beginning starting way back in evolutionary times, but don't worry about that just pick it up from where you think it should start and see if it accurately follows your estimations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUwmA3Q0_OE&t=48s

Here is a chart from the U.S. census on the World's population estimates.

https://www.census.gov/data/tables/time ... ldpop.html

Thanks Bobcat for your time and research (I didn't mean to put you to work this morning), much appreciated!!

As far as your findings on water pressure, I don't think there there is anything sharper, just look at the Grand Canyon.

Stranger

Bobcat

#175 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

Hi John S,

You said,
Another add to challenge the “pyramid would be crushed by water pressure,” theory:

Solid stone is unaffected by water pressure.

My post said nothing about water pressure crushing granite John S. It was discussing the force needed to push granite and why the Giza pyramid had to have been built after the flood. Maybe you should try reading a post first if you are going to comment on them. I've already mentioned this to you before in this very thread. You interpret something in your own mind or imagination and then accuse the other person of having claimed what your imagination came up with. (See posts # 119, 124, 129)

This is an established pattern with you John S. I guess you are just set in your ways. (Ec 4:13)

On hieroglyphs in the Giza pyramid: See here, and here, and here. This post has images of such hieroglyphs within the three pyramids at Giza. Most of these hieroglyphs are found in areas that were used by pyramid work crews.

On the idea that the pyramids had to be built by aliens, someone on Quora asked this question:
Is it true stone blocks used to build the pyramids were so heavy that humans could not lift them even with modern technology?

One (of several who answered similarly) said:
No, of course not. That is arrant nonsense. Wherever you got that from, never believe another word you hear/see/read there. The heaviest blocks used in any of the pyramids are estimated to weigh between 70 and 80 tons. But very few of that weight were used, and they tended to be foundation pieces, i.e. they never needed to be lifted much. Most of the blocks used to build the pyramids weighed in at somewhere around 2.5 tons, with a number of others that weighed around 15–20 tons.

In any case, all of those are within the capabilities of modern technology. To put that in perspective:

80 tons equates to 160,000 lbs. The Saturn V rocket that boosted Apollo 11 into space weighed 6,100,000 lbs fully fueled on the launch pad. That means that merely to get off the ground it had to lift a weight roughly equivalent to 38 of those 80 ton blocks. Straight up. At the same time.

Now the higher it went, the less it weighed, since it was both moving farther from the source of the gravity giving it its weight, but more because it was burning off the fuel that constituted most of its weight to begin with. Still, even empty that Saturn V weighed over 500,000 lbs, or 250 tons, which is still more than three times the weight of just one of those big blocks of stone.

The basic fact is that nothing in the building of the pyramids was particularly difficult or required any advanced techniques. All it took was two out of the six famous “simple machines” that humans have had since prehistoric times plus one more element. Here are those three requirements:
1. The inclined plane, one of the six simple machines. Basically this is nothing but a ramp. It lets you lift heavy stones just a little bit at time by sliding or rolling them sideways as much or more than you lift them, each time you move them at all. Picture in your head the difference between rolling a car up a shallow grade versus bodily lifting it straight up into the air. Obviously rolling it takes very little force compared to lifting it straight up. The blocks were lifted into place the same way.

2. The pulley, another of the six simple machines. By attaching many ropes through many pulley attachments mounted at a higher level than the one you are trying to lift a block to, you can simply pull on the ropes to get the block moving. Then just lock the pulleys or anchor the ropes when you want to stop pulling, in order to keep the stone from backsliding. Better still, use the pulley arrangement known as the block and tackle, which both gives a greater mechanical advantage and allows easier locking off of the ropes.

3. Lots and lots of slaves. I once saw a demotivational workplace poster with a picture the pyramids. The non-inspirational caption read: “ACHIEVEMENT” And then below that: “You can do anything you set your mind to when you have vision, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor.”
That pretty much sums up how the pyramids were built.

Conspiracy theorists and tinfoil hat wearing advocates for fictional space aliens miss one essential point when they try to characterize the building of huge monuments and temples in ancient times as beyond human capabilities, or even as particularly challenging. They falsely assume that because those people in ancient times lacked modern science and technology, that somehow means they were stupid. There is also the silent but true irony in that the stupid ones in this equation are the aforementioned tinfoil hat crowd, for failing to realize for themselves just how simple and straightforward such projects could actually be. I mean, really, how complicated is … the ramp… the pulley… the lever?

Compare those comments (just above) with the comments in post # 127 here.

See also this Quora.Com question and answer about the origins of the great pyramids. There is also a linked PDF on the radio-carbon dating of them from the University of Arizona.

John S, as I've told you before, you are free to believe what ever you want. But I would suggest a new tinfoil hat. (Not too expensive either: Here. :whistle: )

For those interested, schematics, photos, and links related to the Giza pyramids here.

Bobcat

Index to Main Articles in This Thread

AmosAu3

#176 Post by AmosAu3 » 1 year ago

Hi again Bobcat,

I can very distinctly believe the possibility for the Pyramids to be built. Here in OZ, it seems that we get many very good quality documentaries on history, including much about Egypt.

The general consensus from reputable archaeologists and historians is very similar to what you have posted in your last couple of posts.

I think that we may have mentioned it before, the actual ones responsible for the building were the Hyksos. These came from the east, probably Mesopotamia, Babylon or Syria/Assyria region. It's interesting to note that ALL of these were territories occupied by Semitic nations, at this time.

The Hyksos had influence in Egypt and used local Egyptian labourers for the actual work. There is substantial evidence for a huge contingency of allied workers (as you said) to produce enough food, etc for the actual workforce. Most of the workers were only employed for about six months each year. This is due to the fact they were farm workers. As such, they could only farm for six months, due to the seasonal flooding of the Nile. This made them available for other work, ie, construction of the Pyramid, etc.

Regards, Amos.

John S

#177 Post by John S » 1 year ago

Of course ai know the two ton blocks could be moved. But how were they cut? With what tools of primitive Adamkind? And how lifted into place without as much as chipping any corners?

You are still stating the fallacy that farmers and herders under a Pharaoh ‘s harsh rule built the GP.

Other structures are in evidence worldwide with super heavy blocks much larger than the small blocks. And some stones in the GP are very large, for instance in the kkings room above which is large granite blocks set in the same precision, even earthquakes cannot budge any of the atones for thousands of years.

You in effect are denying the ancient wall art and stories of all races, that the gods came here and did all these marvelous things, and we still today marvel at them.

By the way, who has a crane big enough to lift an 800 ton stone?

Certainly the slaves of Egypt or the working class never had such a machine otherwise we would dee evidence, nor do ant power saws capable of cutting super hard granite, and combustion engines able to drive huge round saws exist and never existed from the hands of men after the Flood.

I am here to counter your theory.

Im sticking to history.

God said angels, sons of God came here and conquered the earth. History records this in pictures and fables. It is a fact if the Bible says it.

These men took ALL they saw and desired. And they ruined the earth.

They are called in Peter, “the angels that sinned in Noah’s day.”

No rivers of water slmmed into the Pyramid. There are no great canyons there at the site of the GP. It was a plain. So there was nothing to rush up against the GP. That is your thought. i say the water rose.

Bobcat

#178 Post by Bobcat » 1 year ago

Believe as you wish John S. I'm not stopping you from believing whatever you want.

Bobcat

Index to Main Articles in This Thread

John S

#179 Post by John S » 1 year ago

Sorry BC,

You are a good student of the word. I will lay off the criticism.

John S

#180 Post by John S » 1 year ago

And you are always kind a tactful.