The Gentile Times . . . Reconsidered

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
lynchpin

Re: The Gentile Times . . . Reconsidered

#211 Post by lynchpin » 1 month ago

Bobcat, interesting read you have here.

Here in Australia is a State separate from our mainland rated safe.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-30/ ... /100333892

lp

Bobcat

#212 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

Hi lynchpin,

Thanks for the link. Whenever I see a news story of interest I will often email the link to myself for posting like I did above.

These stories about societal collapse have been popping up lately, and, along with them, have been various stories about where a safe place to hold out may be. I guess the cracks in civilization are getting larger and larger, just like the cracks in that building in Florida that eventually collapsed a few weeks ago.

Many have been used to thinking of climate change as something that would have to be dealt with in the decades and centuries ahead. But it seems like climate events are now forcing themselves into the present. There may not be decades to wait. And that gives an indication of where we are in the stream of time. Incidentally, I updated post # 210 to show its relationship with this thread. This post and your post are also referred to in the Index.

Bobcat

Index to Main Articles in This Thread

Bobcat

#213 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

Here is a link to the IPCC (The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) website which has the latest sobering report on climate change and the fact that it appears to be, not simply some future impending disaster, but a present, spreading catastrophe.

Here is an article describing how climate change in the Arctic is resulting in colder winter events in lower regions.

This video (below) discusses the ongoing and growing problem of climate migration:

The topics in this post are most closely related to this main article in this thread. I have also updated the subject index to include this post.

Bobcat

Bobcat

#214 Post by Bobcat » 1 month ago

Referencing a post by poster Apollos regarding comments made by C T Russell at the Brooklyn Bethel in October 1914, that the "Gentiles Times had ended: Here. And see further comments about Russell's claims in post # 12 in the link. Actually, the whole thread is interesting.)

Apollo's comments are referenced in this main article in this thread, under the sub-title, "The Gentile Times" ─ How Long? (If you use Chrome browser, this link may take you directly to that paragraph.)

Bobcat

Bobcat

#215 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

Cross-linking to a post and video regarding the Tower of Babel: Here.

I updated the index (below) with this post also.

Bobcat

Stranger

#216 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

Bobcat wrote in post #31
Over the centuries the earth and its various species have suffered from the policies and wars of the nations. But now, in the early part of the 21st century, humans are beginning to appreciate that the earth is on the cusp of some truly epic changes in the environment.
Hi Bobcat,

A fairly recent term for this is called "a self licking ice cream cone". But now, we are starting to get a taste of the delicious substance and pretty soon we'll have an acquired taste for all flavors and push -ups too. :thumbup:

Top of the morning to you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNn3Uur0Zj4

Stranger, (Isa 44:9 KJV)