So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Kerry Huish

Re: So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

#21 Post by Kerry Huish » 3 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
3 weeks ago
I would say that those 3 blocks of days do not run back to back making a 10 year 9 and half month period of time but rather they over-lap making a 3 year and 8 and half period of time.
We shall see...
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

Stranger

Re: So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

#22 Post by Stranger » 3 weeks ago

Kerry Huish wrote:
3 weeks ago
We shall see...

Maybe! (John 9:39)

Stranger

johnamos2.0

#23 Post by johnamos2.0 » 3 weeks ago

by Kerry Huish » 16 hours ago
Given that Jehovah is the great time keeper and follows the pattern that has already been set in motion,… pinpoints a wintertime start for the events.
Interesting...so we are told to pray for something that is unobtainable...

Matt 24:20 Keep praying that YOUR flight may not occur in wintertime, nor on the sabbath day;*

Kerry Huish

#24 Post by Kerry Huish » 3 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
3 weeks ago
by Kerry Huish » 16 hours ago
Given that Jehovah is the great time keeper and follows the pattern that has already been set in motion,… pinpoints a wintertime start for the events.
Interesting...so we are told to pray for something that is unobtainable...

Matt 24:20 Keep praying that YOUR flight may not occur in wintertime, nor on the sabbath day;*
Not really...

If you were a Christian living in Jerusalem and really believed Jesus' words about its pending destruction, would you really wait until the armies were camped against it before you fled or would you rather not get out or flee from there sooner, when did the Apostles leave Jerusalem?

If Jesus' words have a greater fulfilment regarding the destruction of the harlot and you believed them, would you rather not 'get out of her' before her destruction is due rather than wait until destruction is at the door?

So it rather depends on your perspective and the amount of faith you have in Jesus words that would dictate when YOU decide to flee.

If you are praying that YOUR flight does not take place in winter, then work in harmony with your prayer and get out as soon as possible, to wait until the last minute may indicate a lack of faith.

Revelation 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say: “’Come out of her, my people,’ so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

Kind Regards

Kerry
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

johnamos2.0

#25 Post by johnamos2.0 » 3 weeks ago

by Kerry Huish » 4 minutes ago
regarding the destruction of the harlot and you believed them, would you rather not 'get out of her' before her destruction is due

Didn't Jesus say to flee the holy place?

I know it is also said to get out of BTG, so that brings be to these questions for you.

What is the modern day holy place/Judea to which one is to flee from?
What is BTG that one is to get out of?

[15 “Therefore, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing+ that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place,*+ (let the reader use discernment,)* 16 then let those in Ju·deʹa begin fleeing+ to the mountains.]

[4 And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people,+ if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues]

Kerry Huish

#26 Post by Kerry Huish » 3 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
3 weeks ago
by Kerry Huish » 4 minutes ago
regarding the destruction of the harlot and you believed them, would you rather not 'get out of her' before her destruction is due

Didn't Jesus say to flee the holy place?

I know it is also said to get out of BTG, so that brings be to these questions for you.

What is the modern day holy place/Judea to which one is to flee from?
What is BTG that one is to get out of?
What the modern day holy place is would be down to your perspective and quite likely why the reader was encouraged to use discernment in identifying it.

For some, the Catholic Church is viewed as being a holy place, for others it is the Jehovah's Witnesses organisation.

It is an organisation that merely claims to be holy and is beleived to be holy by its adherents.

BTG is collectively symbolic of ALL these so-called holy places.

Kind Regards

Kerry

johnamos2.0

#27 Post by johnamos2.0 » 3 weeks ago

What/who is the disgusting thing? What is the holy place that it is said to stand in?

Kerry Huish

#28 Post by Kerry Huish » 3 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
3 weeks ago
What/who is the disgusting thing? What is the holy place that it is said to stand in?
In the first century, the disgusting thing was Rome and the holy place was the temple in Jerusalem.

In a modern day fulfilment, the disgusting thing would likewise be a 'Kingdom of the World' and the holy place would be BTG - see Revelation 17.

Kind Regards

Kerry

Bobcat

#29 Post by Bobcat » 3 weeks ago

I personally hold that Mt 24:15-30 describes the Jewish-Roman War of 66-73 CE. (See this post.)

However, those 1st century events follow a pattern that is, in general terms, repeated in Rev 16:16-21. (For which, see this post.)

A comparison between Mt 24:15-30 and Rev 16:16-21 shows Rev 16:16 to be the equivalent/complement of Mt 24:15.

On the meaning of the term/place Armageddon, see this thread. In ancient times, a gathering of Gentile armies in that location would have been a threat to Israel/Jerusalem, not to Babylon.

And on the "great city" of Rev 16:19, which is the first casualty of the "great earthquake" of Rev 16:18, see this thread.

Bobcat

Kerry Huish

#30 Post by Kerry Huish » 3 weeks ago

The way I understand it is this: -

Just prior to the outbreak of the Great tribulation ALL those who will rule with Christ would have been found and sealed.

Revelation 7:1-3 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back its four winds so that no wind would blow on land or sea or on any tree. And I saw another angel ascending from the east, with the seal of the living God. And he called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: “Do not harm the land or sea or trees until we have sealed the foreheads of the servants of our God.”

After this time the holy spirit will be poured out upon ALL.
This will result in a word that is convicted of sin.

John 16:8-11 When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: about sin, because people do not believe in me; about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

This will result in a great awakening for everybody.

Dan 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

When this occurs the world will 'wonder' and be 'astonished' at what is going on for a little while - 3 and a 1/2 years.

Dan 12:6 One of them said to the man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long will it be before these astonishing things are fulfilled?”
Dan 12:6 One of them said to the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, “How long until the fulfillment of these wonders?”

During this 3 and 1/2 years many will be drawing conclusions, one way or another.

Daniel 12:10 Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

During this time the wild beast will take control and be put in place as Christ's representative, it is expected that they will start with a ban on organized religion, abolishing the daily sacrifice.
This representative is authorized to take out the harlot much the same as Assyria was authorized to take away the apostate Northern Kingdom of Israel.
This will trigger a further 1290 day period or 3 years and 7 months.

Daniel 12:11“From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.

The wild beast will then completely desolate and destroy ALL religion.

Revelation 17:16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire.

During this time, many will be mislead into worshipping and following this 'representative' as it turns on religions and causes desolation, but it will also go a step further in dashing to pieces the holy ones. Just like Assyria went a step further in trying to take out Jerusalem. To have been caught up and lead along in supporting and helping the wild beast to this end would not constitute doing good to Jesus Brothers and will result in condemnation - caution is advised.
This is where Daniel 12:7 indicates two periods, a time (3 & 1/2 years) when people will wonder and be astonished and a further period of time (1290 days) where the power of the holy ones is to be dashed to pieces, broken or shattered.

Daniel 12:7 The man clothed in linen, who was above the waters of the river, lifted his right hand and his left hand toward heaven, and I heard him swear by him who lives forever, saying, “It will be for a time, times and half a time. When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed.”

Once religion is out of the way and ALL of Christ's Brothers have been broken the 7th trumpet will blow and all 144,000 will be in position.
This will further trigger another 1335 day period where the bowls of Gods wrath are poured out into the earth and all those who are in opposition are destroyed.

Daniel 12:12 Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,335 days.

This final 1335 days takes us up to the 15th day of a 7th month where Satan will be abysssed and the 1000 year reign will start.

Revelation 20:1-4 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven with the key to the Abyss, holding in his hand a great chain. He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. And he threw him into the Abyss, shut it, and sealed it over him, so that he could not deceive the nations until the thousand years were complete. After that, he must be released for a brief period of time. Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

But I do understand that your "mileage will vary"

Kind Regards

Kerry