So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Stranger

Re: So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

#91 Post by Stranger » 2 weeks ago

Kerry Huish wrote:
2 weeks ago
I think we are pretty much done talking about this.
Spiritual matters cannot be discussed with a person who believes that the Word of God is out of order.

You give up way to easy Kerry!

Stranger (Eph 1:19)

johnamos2.0

Re: So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

#92 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

a person who believes that the Word of God is out of order.
I would not go as far to say that I think that God's word 'is out of order', just that it is written in a way where you have to put it in order, it is not a straight forward written book. I know that you see that now too and that is why you will not address my last questions to continue with the timeline. That's cool, I get it. 8-)

Here is something I forgot to address and it was to late to edit. I will just post it here now just to have it as part of this discussion, even though you give up. :waving:

Lazarus was not ressurected to life back then and neither are ANY of those who are resurected on the last day. They are resurected to judgment.
It is only the 144k that are resurected to life with Jesus,
[28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice+ 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.]

[15 And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection+ of both the righteous and the unrighteous.+]

:whistle:

Kerry Huish

#93 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 weeks ago

Personally, I beleive the 6th seal to be in relation to the cleansing of the heavens and the casting out of Satan and his angels, confining them to the earth - which occurs quite sometime before the trumpets start blowing.

The mention of 'stars falling to earth' for example.
And heaven departing like a scroll being rolled up.

Revelation 6:13, 14 ...the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as when a fig tree shaken by a high wind casts its unripe figs. And the heaven departed as a scroll that is being rolled up...

Revelation 12:7-9 And war broke out in heaven: Miʹcha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled  but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him

From the moment that the Son took the scroll from the Fathers hand and Satan was evicted, he and his system has known that their end is here.

Revelation 12:12...the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.”

The mentioning of 'the great day of their wrath has come' at the opening of the 6th seal is uttered not by an angel of God, or God or even Jesus.

It was words uttered by members of Satans own system.

Revelation 6:16, 17 And they keep saying to the mountains and to the rock-masses: “Fall over us and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb, because the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?

Yes, from this time forth they have known in themselves that they have been placed on death row and suffer a great fear as a result. But there is a seeming delay from the time Satan is cast out until the end actually starts.

Those of Satans system live in dread, being in an 'any day now' feeling from the opening of the 6th seal. They believed that destruction was imminent, and it is imminent, just not when they expect it.

But again, if you want to put the 6th seal in as being the Great Tribulation and the start of the great day of their wrath, then you also have to 'twist' other scriptures around to fit accordingly just like you have done for Daniel, rendering the word, out of order.

2 Peter 3:16...twisting, as [they do] also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

But hey ho, not long to go... :whistle:

Kind Regards

Kerry
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

johnamos2.0

#94 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

But again, if you want to put the 6th seal in as being the Great Tribulation and the start of the great day of their wrath, then you also have to 'twist' other scriptures around to fit accordingly just like you have done for Daniel, rendering the word, out of order.
I do not put the 6th seal as being the GT, it follows the GT. The GT is the 42 month time period (Rev 11:2;13:5). And as far as twisting other scriptures, where have I done that? I was putting together a timeline line based on a straight reading of how they are presented in the Bible. Answer these questions and we can put them in the timeline and we can see what it shows.

Seal-Trumpet-Bowl

S1>>S2>>S3>>S4>>S5>>S6>>S7>>T1>>T2>>T3>>T4>>T5>>T6>>T7>>B1>>B2>>B3>>B4>>B5>>B6>>B7

S5 - souls told to rest a bit longer

S6 - SUN MOON STAR event, people running and hiding because the great day of Jehovah's and Jesus' wrath has come.

T6 - 2nd woe/ 42 months nations trample holy city

T7 - 3rd woe/ announcement made that Satan's world/kingdom has now become God's kingdom

Okay that so far is not me or you saying that...that is what the Scriptures state in order.

Just a few questions for you so that we can add to this timeline;

You say the 'first resurrection' happens in two stages, the dead being raised, then the living.

What letter/number do you say for the dead to be raised?
What letter/number for the living?

What letter/number does the 'last trumpet' occur?

What letter/number does Jesus arrive as stated at Matt 24:30?

What letter/number does the 1,000 years begin?

What letter/number does the GT occur?
Personally, I beleive the 6th seal to be in relation to the cleansing of the heavens and the casting out of Satan and his angels, confining them to the earth
The 6th seal is describing the beginning of Armageddon. That is what the great day of their wrath is. In Matthew we read that the GT occurs, and then after it ends, there is a SUN MOON STAR event, then Jesus arrives. The 6th seal is picking up from the SUN MOON STAR event. Those that are running and hiding are doing so because they know they are about to become bird food. These would be all the ones that have the 'mark'.

[Joel 2:31 The sun itself will be turned into darkness,+ and the moon into blood,+ before the coming of the great and fear-inspiring day of Jehovah.]

[Matthew 24:29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

[Rev 6:12 And I saw when he opened the sixth seal, and a great earthquake occurred; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair,* and the entire moon became as blood,+ 13 and the stars of heaven fell to the earth as when a fig tree shaken by a high wind drops its unripe figs. 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll that is being rolled up,+ and every mountain and every island was removed from its place.+ 15 Then the kings of the earth, the high officials, the military commanders, the rich, the strong, every slave, and every free person hid in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains.+ 16 And they keep saying to the mountains and to the rocks: “Fall over us+ and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne+ and from the wrath of the Lamb,+ 17 because the great day of their wrath has come,+ and who is able to stand?”]

[Rev 19:17 I saw also an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice and said to all the birds that fly in midheaven:* “Come here, be gathered together to the great evening meal of God,+ 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of military commanders and the flesh of strong men+ and the flesh of horses and of those seated on them,+ and the flesh of all, of freemen as well as of slaves and of small ones and great.”19 And I saw the wild beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the one seated on the horse and against his army.+ 20 And the wild beast was caught, and along with it the false prophet+ that performed in front of it the signs with which he misled those who received the mark of the wild beast+ and those who worship its image.+ While still alive, they both were hurled into the fiery lake that burns with sulfur.+ 21 But the rest were killed off with the long sword that proceeded out of the mouth of the one seated on the horse.+ And all the birds were filled with their flesh.]

Kerry Huish

#95 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago

You say the 'first resurrection' happens in two stages, the dead being raised, then the living.
Really, I have said quite enough regarding the order of resurrections...

Acts 13:41 ‘Behold it, YOU scorners, and wonder at it, and vanish away, because I am working a work in YOUR days, a work that YOU will by no means believe even if anyone relates it to YOU in detail.’”

Kind Regards

Kerry
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

johnamos2.0

#96 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

You have said what you have said, but now I am asking you to give the letter/number based on the timeline and let's see what it shows.

Stranger

#97 Post by Stranger » 2 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
You have said what you have said, but now I am asking you to give the letter/number based on the timeline and let's see what it shows.

JohnAmos,

You are not authorized to make your own math type legend and expect it to show anything!

Stranger

Stranger

#98 Post by Stranger » 2 weeks ago

Kerry Huish wrote:
2 weeks ago
Really, I have said quite enough regarding the order of resurrections...

And what you have not said we'll just wait for the "Rest" to be explained.

Stranger, (Lu 24:1)

Kerry Huish

#99 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
I really don't see how this would help you at this point in your progress, so I will politely decline.

Maybe some other time, perhaps...

Proverbs 9:9 Give to a wise person and he will become still wiser. Impart knowledge to someone righteous and he will increase in learning.

Kind Regards

Kerry

johnamos2.0

#100 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

:lol: why even bother replying then :?:
In the time it takes you to post what you are posting you could just give the letter/number that you feel goes with each question.
Your refusal to do so shows that you don't want to except what it shows.