So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Kerry Huish

Re: So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

#81 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Q1.How is it that some of these 'holy ones' are still seen on the earth during these time after the earthly resurrection has started?
Q2. How is it that some of these 'holy ones' are said to be dashed to pieces on the earth after - as you contend - the earthly resurrection has taken place?
Q3. If ALL the 'holy ones' are raised first, before the earthly resurrections starts.
How is it that there is yet a 'disgusting thing that causes desolation' put in place after Daniel 12:2 occurs, this would occur during the 1000 years, according to your belief?
Q4. Are you teaching that during the 1000 years, there will yet be Kingdoms of the World that run in opposition to Christ?
Q5. Are you teaching that the Kingdoms of the World are removed during the 1000 years, not before?
You answer questions based on your own reasoning, not based on what the Scriptures actually say and you ask questions based on assuming that events occur in the order they are written, but Dan and Rev are not written in chronological order.
So is it that you won't answer these questions or is it that you cannot answer them?

Kind Regards

Kerry
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

Kerry Huish

Re: So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

#82 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Dan and Rev are not written in chronological order.
Would you provide an example of a vision or dream that is not presented in a chronological order from both Daniel and Revelation?

I am not talking about chapters or visions following on from each other in a chronological order, I mean within the vision or each chapter being presented.

For example.

Daniel 2 is a single vision that is presented in a chronological order.
Daniel 7 is a single vision that is presented in a chronological order.
Daniel 10-12 is single vision that is presented in
a chronological order.

Revelations trumpets vision is presented as occuring in a chronological order.
Revelations seals vision is presented as occuring in a chronological order.
Each and every vision is presented in chronological order within itself, although not necessarily in chronological order when presented next to other visions.

To say that the vision in itself is not in order within itself is a pretty bold statement.

Daniel 10-12 is a chronological vision as is all other visions that are presented within themselves.

Please provide a few examples...

Kind Regards

Kerry
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

johnamos2.0

#83 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

Would you provide an example of a vision or dream that is not presented in a chronological order from both Daniel and Revelation?
Revelation 6:1 And I saw when the Lamb+ opened one of the seven seals,
Revelation 8:1 And when he+ opened the seventh seal,+ a silence occurred in heaven for about a half hour. 2 And I saw the seven angels+ that stand before God, and seven trumpets were given them.

There are events that occur with the opening of the 7 seals.
There are events that occur with the blowing of the 7 trumpets.
Keep in mind that the 7 trumpets are not given out until the 7th seal is opened.

Do you think that the said events that are said to occur with the trumpets chronologically follow the events of the 7 seals?

Daniel 12: 1 reads as if Jesus/Michael comes BEFORE the GT when in fact he comes AFTER the GT.
If that is what you are reading into it then that would be another example of not being in chronological order. My explanation states that the last day is in reference to the 1,000 years. Jesus said in regards to those that were given him and about Lazarus that they will be resurrected on the last day. There is what is called a 'first resurrection' that happens AT the sounding of the ’last trumpet'. That would raise the dead and the living holy ones up at the start of the ‘last day/1,000 years….then thereafter during the last day/1,000 years the earthly resurrection would occur. Believe it or not, even the WTS knows this.

[w78 9/1 p. 28 “I tell you, if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no self-existent life.” So Jesus here meant “life” with a specific capacity when he went on to say: “He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day.” (John 6:54) That everlasting life is to be enjoyed by the one gaining it, not on earth, but in the heavenly kingdom with Christ. He will enter into such life when he is resurrected by Jesus Christ at “the last day.” Those who, with Christ in the heavens, have such ‘life in themselves’ will be able to impart to others the benefits of Christ’s human sacrifice. They will do so when the redeemed ones of mankind are called out of their memorial tombs on “the last day.”—John 5:28, 29.]

[7-1-98 WT p.21 par.12 – Martha said of her dead brother, Lazarus: “I know he will rise in the resurrection on the last day.” (John 11:24) How did she know that? …She might even have learned this from Jesus himself. (John 6:39) That “last day” coincides with the Thousand Year Reign of Christ. (Revelation 20:6) Imagine the excitement during that “day” when this grand event begins!]

[Insight Vol 2 – Because of having been resurrected by his friend Jesus, Lazarus was likely alive Pentecost 33 C.E., when the holy spirit was poured out and the first ones of the heavenly calling (Heb 3:1) were anointed and spirit begotten. (Ac 2:1-4, 33, 38)]
Q2. How is it that some of these 'holy ones' are said to be dashed to pieces on the earth after - as you contend - the earthly resurrection has taken place?
I don’t! I place the holy ones being dashed to pieces during the 42-months 6th trumpet/2nd woe...and the resurrection taking place after that at the 7th trumpet.
Q3. If ALL the 'holy ones' are raised first, before the earthly resurrections starts.
How is it that there is yet a 'disgusting thing that causes desolation' put in place after Daniel 12:2 occurs, this would occur during the 1000 years, according to your belief?
Again, if that is what you get from that then that is another example of not being in chronological order.
Q4. Are you teaching that during the 1000 years, there will yet be Kingdoms of the World that run in opposition to Christ?
I don’t see where I have stated that but the answer is actually yes. This is something that does not make since and sometimes is discouraging to me when it comes to believing the Bible...if we are said to being living under God's kingdom for the 1,000 years and if all the nations (Satan’s world) are destroyed at Armageddon, then who/how are these said nations at the end of the 1,000 years.

[Rev 20: 7 Now as soon as the thousand years have been ended, Satan will be let loose out of his prison, 8 and he will go out to mislead those nations in the four corners* of the earth, Gog and Maʹgog, to gather them together for the war. The number of these is as the sand of the sea.+ 9 And they advanced over the breadth of the earth and encircled the camp* of the holy ones+ and the beloved city.+ But fire came down out of heaven and devoured them.+]
Q5. Are you teaching that the Kingdoms of the World are removed during the 1000 years, not before?
Not sure where that question stems from, as you can see that in my above answer it is my understanding that that the kingdoms of the world are destroyed at Armageddon, but yet it seems that they still exist during the 1,000 years, or how else do we take that Satan misleads nations after he is let out at the end of the 1,000 years.

Kerry Huish

#84 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
There are events that occur with the opening of the 7 seals.
There are events that occur with the blowing of the 7 trumpets.
Keep in mind that the 7 trumpets are not given out until the 7th seal is opened.

Do you think that the said events that are said to occur with the trumpets chronologically follow the events of the 7 seals?
I beleive that the blowing of the 7 trumpets follow the opening of the 7 seals and the pouring out of the 7 bowls follow the blowing of 7 trumpets. I beleive there is a set order to events that is laid out in both Daniel and Revelation, I do not beleive nor do I teach that the 'Word' is out of order, I do not beleive this to be the course of wisdom.
johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Daniel 12: 1 reads as if Jesus/Michael comes BEFORE the GT when in fact he comes AFTER the GT.
So out of the whole book of Daniel, it is only Daniel 12:1, 2 that 'you do not see' as being chronologically in line?

If you agree that all the revelations found in the whole book of Daniel, apart from this one small part, are presented in chronological order, then would you agree that it seems out of character with the book of Daniel to present this one thing that seems to be out of order - according to your current understanding?

Would you agree, that when something does not fit in with our present understanding, it is not a wise course to resort to saying that the 'Word' is out of order?

Also, you keep insisting that Jesus said Lazarus would rise on the last day.

Jesus did not say anything about Lazarus raising on the last day. This was an expressed belief of Martha, based on the 'limited' understanding that she had at the time.

Jesus never said that Martha was correct, that Lazarus would rise on the last day.
In fact, Lazarus was resurrected then and there, was he not? (But you teach that NO resurrection is taking place before the last day begins)

If you look into the Mary and Martha situation, it appears that one of these sisters was 'more' attentive to the things Jesus had to say than the other. Martha quite likely had heard Jesus speak about a resurrection that was to occur on the last day, but there were no doubt additional details that were missing from her understanding, her sister probably had more facts and a more complete picture about it than her.

Luke 10:38-42 Now as they were going their way he entered into a certain village. Here a certain woman named Martha received him as guest into the house. This woman also had a sister called Mary, who, however, sat down at the feet of the Lord and kept listening to his word.  Martha, on the other hand, was distracted with attending to many duties. So, she came near and said: “Lord, does it not matter to you that my sister has left me alone to attend to things? Tell her, therefore, to join in helping me.”  In answer the Lord said to her: “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and disturbed about many things. A few things, though, are needed, or just one. For her part, Mary chose the good portion, and it will not be taken away from her.”

I maintain my belief that Daniel 12:2 is talking about a 'spiritual awakening' that occurs for all during the time of Christs presence, just before the 1000 year reign begins. This explanation does not require any 'twisting' and avoids persuading others to accept the notion that the Word is out of order.

If you have taken the liberty of teaching that the word is out of order in one place, because it does not fit in with your understanding, then you are likely to do it in other areas, this would prove disastrous to both you and those who listen to you.

2 Peter 3:16...some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unsteady are twisting, as [they do] also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Thank you for further taking the time to answer my questions.

Kind Regards

Kerry

johnamos2.0

#85 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

So out of the whole book of Daniel, it is only Daniel 12:1, 2 that 'you do not see' as being chronologically in line?
1. What you asked of me was to give you an example from both Dan and Rev, in which I did.
2. I noticed that you did not address the point that I brought up in regards to rather Michael/Jesus stands up before the GT or after? :?:

I beleive that the blowing of the 7 trumpets follow the opening of the 7 seals
Oh...okay, so let me get this straight, you believe that the great day of Jehovah's and Jesus' wrath that comes at the opening of the 6th seal occurs prior to the trampling of the holy city by the nations for 42-months that occur during the 6th trumpet/2nd woe...is that correct? :?:

[Rev 6:12 And I saw when he opened the sixth seal, and a great earthquake occurred; and the sun became black as sackcloth+ of hair, and the entire moon became as blood,+ 13 and the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as when a fig tree shaken by a high wind casts its unripe figs. 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll that is being rolled up,+ and every mountain and [every] island were removed from their places.+ 15 And the kings of the earth and the top-ranking ones and the military commanders* and the rich and the strong ones and every slave and [every] free person hid themselves in the caves and in the rock-masses+ of the mountains. 16 And they keep saying to the mountains and to the rock-masses: “Fall over us+ and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne+ and from the wrath of the Lamb,+ 17 because the great day+ of their wrath+ has come, and who is able to stand?”+]

(The following occurs during the 6th trumpet/2nd woe)
[Rev 11: 2 But as for the courtyard that is outside+ the temple [sanctuary], cast it clear out* and do not measure it, because it has been given to the nations,+ and they will trample the holy city+ underfoot for forty-two months.]

(The following follows the 42-months and is the parallel account of the opening of the 6th seal.)
[Matthew 24:29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.]

I maintain my belief that Daniel 12:2 is talking about a 'spiritual awakening'
So when speaking of those that will 'wake up' from 'sleeping in the ground of dust', this is talking about a 'spiritual awakening' :?:

And you also maintain the belief that the 'souls' seen in the 5th seal being opened that they are there as part of the 'first resurrection' having already occurred by that time. That being the case, since the 'first resurrection' is connected to the 'last trumpet' and since we agreed that the 'last trumpet' was the 7th trumpet, then how is it that being you claim the trumpets follow the events of the seals and it is not until the 7th seal that the trumpets are given, how does the 7th trumpet blow during the 5th seal? :?:

Also it is clear that you believe that wording of saying 'sleeping in the ground of dust' is not pertaining to psychical death but instead is referring to 'spiritual sleep', but what do you say the reference to being told to 'rest a little while longer' means'? :?:

[Rev 6:9 And when he opened the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar+ the souls+ of those slaughtered+ because of the word of God and* because of the witness+ work* that they used to have. 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying: “Until when, Sovereign+ Lord* holy and true,+ are you refraining from judging+ and avenging our blood+ upon those who dwell on the earth?” 11 And a white+ robe was given to each of them; and they were told to rest a little while longer, until the number was filled also of their fellow slaves and their brothers who were about to be killed+ as they also had been.]
:lol: So now we are comparing apples and oranges, resurrections that took place as part of signs/proof and resurrections that take place after the ransom sacrifice was given and are said to happen in the future at a particular time and order.

So I guess if I am wrong in saying that NO resurrections would take place before the last day begins, then Paul was wrong in saying that Jesus was the first to be resurrected, being that 'Lazarus was resurrected back then and there.' :roll:

[20 But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep in death.+ 21 For since death came through a man,+ resurrection of the dead also comes through a man.+ 22 For just as in Adam all are dying,+ so also in the Christ all will be made alive.+ 23 But each one in his own proper order: Christ the firstfruits,+ afterward those who belong to the Christ at his coming]

Kerry Huish

#86 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
2. I noticed that you did not address the point that I brought up in regards to rather Michael/Jesus stands up before the GT or after?
What point? You made the statement that Jesus comes after the GT, even though you acknowledged that it is presented otherwise in Daniel 12, if you beleive Jesus is Michael that is, you said : -
johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Oh...okay, so let me get this straight, you believe that the great day of Jehovah's and Jesus' wrath that comes at the opening of the 6th seal occurs prior to the trampling of the holy city by the nations for 42-months that occur during the 6th trumpet/2nd woe...is that correct?
No, this is not correct. Nowhere have I said that the great day of Jehovah's and Jesus' wrath comes at the opening of the 6th seal.

johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
So when speaking of those that will 'wake up' from 'sleeping in the ground of dust', this is talking about a 'spiritual awakening'
Yes, this also harmonizes with 'other' scriptures: -

Isaiah 29:10 For upon YOU men Jehovah has poured a spirit of deep sleep; and he closes YOUR eyes, the prophets, and he has covered even YOUR heads, the visionaries.

Romans 11:8 just as it is written: “God has given them a spirit of deep sleep, eyes so as not to see and ears so as not to hear, down to this very day.”

Romans 13:11...YOU people know the season, that it is already the hour for YOU to awake from sleep, for now our salvation is nearer than at the time when we became believers.

1 Thessalonians 5:6 So, then, let us not sleep on as the rest do, but let us stay awake and keep our senses.

And you also maintain the belief that the 'souls' seen in the 5th seal being opened that they are there as part of the 'first resurrection' having already occurred by that time. That being the case, since the 'first resurrection' is connected to the 'last trumpet' and since we agreed that the 'last trumpet' was the 7th trumpet, then how is it that being you claim the trumpets follow the events of the seals and it is not until the 7th seal that the trumpets are given, how does the 7th trumpet blow during the 5th seal?
Again, see post #35 again.
viewtopic.php?p=49039#p49039

Also it is clear that you believe that wording of saying 'sleeping in the ground of dust' is not pertaining to psychical death but instead is referring to 'spiritual sleep', but what do you say the reference to being told to 'rest a little while longer' means'?
Rest a little while longer means 'hold off taking any action' until after the 7th trumpet is blown and the rest of thier brothers are in position.
Again, see the end of post #58 where you asked me what the 144k will be doing during the last 1335 days.

viewtopic.php?p=49139#p49139

:lol: So now we are comparing apples and oranges, resurrections that took place as part of signs/proof and resurrections that take place after the ransom sacrifice was given and are said to happen in the future at a particular time and order.
Jesus was the first to be resurrected to life.
Lazarus was not ressurected to life back then and neither are ANY of those who are resurected on the last day. They are resurected to judgment.
It is only the 144k that are resurected to life with Jesus, the rest can only obtain this kind of resurrection after the 1000 years ends.

Revelation 20:5  (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.

Also, there are 'other resurrections' that took place AFTER Jesus was resurrected - read the book.

For example, Tabʹi·tha and Euʹty·chus

Acts 9:40 But Peter put everybody outside and, bending his knees, he prayed, and, turning to the body, he said: “Tabʹi·tha, rise!” She opened her eyes and, as she caught sight of Peter, she sat up.

Acts 20:9-12 Seated at the window, a certain young man named Euʹty·chus fell into a deep sleep while Paul kept talking on, and, collapsing in sleep, he fell down from the third story and was picked up dead. But Paul went downstairs, threw himself upon him and embraced him and said: “STOP raising a clamor, for his soul is in him.” He now went upstairs and began the meal and took food, and after conversing for quite a while, until daybreak, he at length departed.  So they took the boy away alive and were comforted beyond measure.

So I guess if I am wrong in saying that NO resurrections would take place before the last day begins, then Paul was wrong in saying that Jesus was the first to be resurrected, being that 'Lazarus was resurrected back then and there.'

[20 But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep in death.+ 21 For since death came through a man,+ resurrection of the dead also comes through a man.+ 22 For just as in Adam all are dying,+ so also in the Christ all will be made alive.+ 23 But each one in his own proper order: Christ the firstfruits,+ afterward those who belong to the Christ at his coming]
Your knowledge of the matter is lacking, this is clear.

Kind Regards

Kerry

Stranger

#87 Post by Stranger » 2 weeks ago

Kerry Huish wrote:
2 weeks ago
Your knowledge of the matter is lacking, this is clear.
Probably because he hasn't died and been resurrected yet and neither have you, so you are NO expert either. Even if this does happen you won't know your expert. :lol:

Stranger, (Isa 65:17)

johnamos2.0

#88 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

Isaiah 29:10 For upon YOU men Jehovah has poured a spirit of deep sleep; and he closes YOUR eyes, the prophets, and he has covered even YOUR heads, the visionaries.
Romans 11:8 just as it is written: “God has given them a spirit of deep sleep, eyes so as not to see and ears so as not to hear, down to this very day.”
Romans 13:11...YOU people know the season, that it is already the hour for YOU to awake from sleep, for now our salvation is nearer than at the time when we became believers.
1 Thessalonians 5:6 So, then, let us not sleep on as the rest do, but let us stay awake and keep our senses.
I don't dispute that saying 'sleep' and 'awake' can refer in a spiritual sense. The Scriptures you cited shows this clearly. What point I am making is based specifically on Dan 12:2 and the fact that when it uses the word 'sleep' it does so in the context of 'in the dust of the earth'. I then also like you have done, cited Scriptures that show what type of 'sleep' is being referred to.

[19 In the sweat of your face you will eat bread* until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken.+ For dust you are and to dust you will return.”+]

[29 All the fat ones of the earth shall eat and will bow down;+ Before him all those going down to the dust will bend down,+ And no one will ever preserve his own soul* alive.+]

[39 “When they are heated I shall set their banquets and I will make them drunk, in order that they may exult;*+ and they must sleep an indefinitely lasting sleep,* from which they will not wake up,”+ is the utterance of Jehovah]

[11 He said these things, and after this he said to them: “Lazʹa·rus our friend has gone to rest, but I am journeying there to awaken him from sleep.”+ 12 Therefore the disciples said to him: “Lord, if he has gone to rest, he will get well.”* 13 Jesus had spoken, however, about his death. But they imagined he was speaking about taking rest in sleep.]
Also, there are 'other resurrections' that took place AFTER Jesus was resurrected - read the book.
For example, Tabʹi·tha and Euʹty·chus
Again, you keep with the apples and oranges even after I clarified for you what I meant. I don't dispute the resurrections you are referring to as taking place before the 'last day'. I said that I am not talking about the ones that were done for signs/proof.
What point? You made the statement that Jesus comes after the GT, even though you acknowledged that it is presented otherwise in Daniel 12
How about you give an clear answer....does Jesus come before the GT or after? :?:
No, this is not correct. Nowhere have I said that the great day of Jehovah's and Jesus' wrath comes at the opening of the 6th seal.
I didn't say you did, it says that in the verses themselves. What I said you are saying since you say the trumpets follow the seals, is that you are then saying that the great day of their wrath comes before the 42-months that the holy city is trampled on by the nations.

Here read it for yourself what happens:
[Rev 6:12 And I saw when he opened the sixth seal, and a great earthquake occurred; and the sun became black as sackcloth+ of hair, and the entire moon became as blood,+ 13 and the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as when a fig tree shaken by a high wind casts its unripe figs. 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll that is being rolled up,+ and every mountain and [every] island were removed from their places.+ 15 And the kings of the earth and the top-ranking ones and the military commanders* and the rich and the strong ones and every slave and [every] free person hid themselves in the caves and in the rock-masses+ of the mountains. 16 And they keep saying to the mountains and to the rock-masses: “Fall over us+ and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne+ and from the wrath of the Lamb,+ 17 because the great day+ of their wrath+ has come, and who is able to stand?”+]

Let's try this since you say that all follows in order in your timeline:

Seal-Trumpet-Bowl

S1>>S2>>S3>>S4>>S5>>S6>>S7>>T1>>T2>>T3>>T4>>T5>>T6>>T7>>B1>>B2>>B3>>B4>>B5>>B6>>B7

S5 - souls told to rest a bit longer

S6 - SUN MOON STAR event, people running and hiding because the great day of Jehovah's and Jesus' wrath has come.

T6 - 2nd woe/ 42 months nations trample holy city

T7 - 3rd woe/ announcement made that Satan's world/kingdom has now become God's kingdom

Okay that so far is not me or you saying that...that is what the Scriptures state in order.

Just a few questions for you so that we can add to this timeline;

You say the 'first resurrection' happens in two stages, the dead being raised, then the living.

What letter/number do you say for the dead to be raised?
What letter/number for the living?

What letter/number does the 'last trumpet' occur?

What letter/number does Jesus arrive as stated at Matt 24:30?

What letter/number does the 1,000 years begin?

What letter/number does the GT occur?

What is the great day of their wrath referring to and does the GT occur before or after that great day?

Stranger

#89 Post by Stranger » 2 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Again, you keep with the apples and oranges even after I clarified for you what I meant. I don't dispute the resurrections you are referring to as taking place before the 'last day'. I said that I am not talking about the ones that were done for signs/proof.

Hi JohnAmos,

Are you sure he's talking apples and oranges or could it be a mondegreen?

Stranger, (Heb 4:2)

Kerry Huish

#90 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
I think we are pretty much done talking about this.
Spiritual matters cannot be discussed with a person who believes that the Word of God is out of order.

Kind Regards

Kerry