So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)

Kerry Huish

Re: So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

#72 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 weeks ago

Bobcat wrote:
2 weeks ago
I fixed them for you Kerry.

Bobcat
Thank you, I appreciate it.
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

johnamos2.0

Re: So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

#73 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

The timing of Daniel 12:2 occurs before the 7th trumpet is blown. So it cannot possibly be referring to the resurrection, which occurs during the millennium, as the 144k are raised 1st.
ALL said resurrections occur during the millennium/last day. And YES the 144k are raised first, that does not change, that ALL said resurrections occur during the millennium/last day. The chosen to rule with Jesus will be raised first on the first day of the last day/1,000 years and then thereafter all others will be raised in a timely order throughout that last day/1,000 years.

But that aside, Dan 12:2 is referring to the earthly resurrection during the millennium.

[John 5:28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice+ 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.+]

[Dan 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.]

[19 In the sweat of your face you will eat bread* until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken.+ For dust you are and to dust you will return.”+]

[29 All the fat ones of the earth shall eat and will bow down;+
Before him all those going down to the dust will bend down,+
And no one will ever preserve his own soul* alive.+]

[39 “When they are heated I shall set their banquets and I will make them drunk, in order that they may exult;*+ and they must sleep an indefinitely lasting sleep,* from which they will not wake up,”+ is the utterance of Jehovah]

[11 He said these things, and after this he said to them: “Lazʹa·rus our friend has gone to rest, but I am journeying there to awaken him from sleep.”+ 12 Therefore the disciples said to him: “Lord, if he has gone to rest, he will get well.”* 13 Jesus had spoken, however, about his death. But they imagined he was speaking about taking rest in sleep.]

That is correct; the two-witnesses are killed AFTER they have finished their witnessing and the 7th trumpet does blow AFTER they are killed and it is the wild beast/8th king that kills them…but when you say 'swiftly moving onto the Bowls phase', do you say the ‘bowl phase’ last for a period of 3 years 8 months and 15 days?

And do you say that at the end of this ‘bowl phase’ (1335th day), that that is when the last day/1,000 years begin?

And are you claiming that the 7th trumpet will occur before the 1,335 days begin?

Where do you place Jesus’ Matt 24:30 coming... at the 7th trumpet or at the start of the 1,000 years?

And how many comings do you say there are of Jesus'?

At Joel 3:1,2...what do you say verse 2 is describing and when does it take place on your timeline? Also when put into context with verse 1, we see the captives are brought back at that time, why are they said to be captives at that point, what said captivity were they just undergoing?

[Joel 3:1 “For, look! in those days and in that time,+ when I shall bring back the captive ones of Judah and Jerusalem,+ 2 I will also collect together all the nations+ and bring them down to the low plain of Je·hoshʹa·phat;+ and I will put myself on judgment with them there on account of my people and my inheritance Israel,+ whom they scattered among the nations; and they apportioned out my own land.]

johnamos2.0

#74 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

[1 Corinthians 15:23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.]

No resurrection takes place before Jesus comes.

When does Jesus come? It is AFTER the GT is cut short according to Matt 24:30.

[Matthew 24:21 for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short… 29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send forth his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.]

[1 Thessalonians 4: 15 For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord,[a] that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.]

[1 Corinthians 15:51 Look! I tell YOU a sacred secret: We shall not all fall asleep in death, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, 52 in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised up incorruptible, and we shall be changed.]<<<>>>[Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel blew his trumpet. And loud voices occurred in heaven, saying: “The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ”]

[Matthew 25:31 “When the Son of man+ arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him,+ then he will sit down on his glorious throne.+ 32 And all the nations will be gathered before him,+ and he will separate+ people one from another,+ just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right+ hand, but the goats* on his left.]

[Matthew 19:28 Jesus said to them: “Truly I say to YOU, In the re-creation,* when the Son of man sits down upon his glorious throne, YOU who have followed me will also yourselves sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.]

[Rev 20:6 6 Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection;+ over these the second death+ has no authority,+ but they will be priests+ of God and of the Christ, and they will rule as kings with him for the 1,000 years.+]

johnamos2.0

#75 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

(wish there were a longer editing period to add and delete)

[2 Thessalonians 1:10 at the time he comes to be glorified in connection with his holy ones+ and to be regarded in that day with wonder in connection with all those who exercised faith, because the witness* we gave met with faith among YOU.]

Kerry Huish

#76 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago

But that aside, Dan 12:2 is referring to the earthly resurrection during the millennium.

[John 5:28 Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice+ 29 and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, and those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.+]

[Dan 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.]
And this is a further reason so as to conclude that this is NOT refering to the resurrection of the last day. Jesus said ALL those in the grave would hear his voice and come out, the wording of Daniel 12:2 does not imply ALL.
johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
After they have finished their witnessing work, after the 1260 days are complete, the wild beast will then make war with them, kill them and conquer them.
Right after the Two Witnesses are killed, the 7th trumpet blows, completing the Great Tribulation phase, swiftly moving onto the Bowls phase.
That is correct; the two-witnesses are killed AFTER they have finished their witnessing and the 7th trumpet does blow AFTER they are killed and it is the wild beast/8th king that kills them…but when you say 'swiftly moving onto the Bowls phase', do you say the ‘bowl phase’ last for a period of 3 years 8 months and 15 days?
Correct, this is what I have said.
johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
And do you say that at the end of this ‘bowl phase’ (1335th day), that that is when the last day/1,000 years begin?
johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
And are you claiming that the 7th trumpet will occur before the 1,335 days begin?
johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Where do you place Jesus’ Matt 24:30 coming... at the 7th trumpet or at the start of the 1,000 years?
At the 7th trumpet.
johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
At Joel 3:1,2...what do you say verse 2 is describing and when does it take place on your timeline? Also when put into context with verse 1, we see the captives are brought back at that time, why are they said to be captives at that point, what said captivity were they just undergoing?

[Joel 3:1 “For, look! in those days and in that time,+ when I shall bring back the captive ones of Judah and Jerusalem,+ 2 I will also collect together all the nations+ and bring them down to the low plain of Je·hoshʹa·phat;+ and I will put myself on judgment with them there on account of my people and my inheritance Israel,+ whom they scattered among the nations; and they apportioned out my own land.]
Verse 2 occurs when the spirit is poured out upon ALL and ALL are brought into judgement.
This occurs in line with the first 1260 days or three and a half times of Daniel 12 and Joel 2:28-32. Those spoken of as ones being brought back, in Joel 3:1, are those who are of the 144k, these would have ALL been found and sealed just prior to the sounding of the trumpets and the start of the end

Prior to them being selected - as of the 144k - they would have been captive in many senses.
Captive to sin and death, captive to false religion, captive to empty deceptions...

Kind Regards

Kerry
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

johnamos2.0

#77 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

Your timeline
[>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7th trumpet occurs/Jesus arrives and then >>>>>>>>>>>>>1,335 days later the last day/1,000 years begins]

So you are saying that the following does not begin when Jesus arrives but instead begins 3 years 8 months and 15 days later?? :?:

[Matthew 24:30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send forth his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.]

[Matthew 25:31 “When the Son of man+ arrives in his glory, and all the angels with him,+ then he will sit down on his glorious throne.+ 32 And all the nations will be gathered before him,+ and he will separate+ people one from another,+ just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right+ hand, but the goats* on his left.]

[Matthew 19:28 Jesus said to them: “Truly I say to YOU, In the re-creation,* when the Son of man sits down upon his glorious throne, YOU who have followed me will also yourselves sit upon twelve thrones, ]

[Rev 20: 4 And I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were given authority to judge. Yes, I saw the souls* of those executed* for the witness they gave about Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had not worshipped the wild beast or its image and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand.+ And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ+ for 1,000 years. ]

When do you have the wild beast/8th king and false prophet being thrown into the fiery lake...at the 7th trumpet or when you say the 1,000 years begin?? :?:
How about the throwing Satan into the pit for the 1,000 years... do you say it is at the 7th trumpet or when you say the 1,000 years begin :?:

Here's a timeline for you
A>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>B>>>C>>>>>D>E>>>>>>>>>>>>F>>>G

A. 33c.e. Jesus kingship begins and last through G.
Ps. 110:1; 1 Cor. 15:25

B. 2021/30? trumpets 1-5
Revelation 8:7,8,10,12,13; 9:1,12,13

C. following 5/1st woe, trumpet 6/2nd woe which is when the 42 months occur
Rev 11:2,3,14; 13:5

D. SUN MOON STARS EVENT/ 6th seal (Matthew 24:29; Rev 6:12)

E. Jesus/kingdom arrives-last day/1,000 years begin-last trumpet/first resurrection occurs continuing on with timely earthly resurrections throughout the 1,000 years
Rev 11:15; Rev 20:1

F. 1,000 years for co-rulers end- Satan let loose-final test
Rev 20:7

G. Satan killed-Jesus' kingship ends with handing the kingdom over
Rev 20:10 1 Cor. 15:24

Kerry Huish

#78 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
So you are saying that the following does not begin when Jesus arrives but instead begins 3 years 8 months and 15 days later?? :?:

[Matthew 24:30 And then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send forth his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity.]
The above occurs around the timing of 7th trumpet.
johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
The above occurs during the presence, from the time that the spirit is poured out upon ALL, during the times of the blowing of the 7 trumpet blasts.
johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
[Matthew 19:28 Jesus said to them: “Truly I say to YOU, In the re-creation,* when the Son of man sits down upon his glorious throne, YOU who have followed me will also yourselves sit upon twelve thrones, ]
The re-creation takes place during the 1000 years, as does the reign of the elect.
johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
[Rev 20: 4 And I saw thrones, and those who sat on them were given authority to judge. Yes, I saw the souls* of those executed* for the witness they gave about Jesus and for speaking about God, and those who had not worshipped the wild beast or its image and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand.+ And they came to life and ruled as kings with the Christ+ for 1,000 years. ]
The above, shows the elect coming to life and ruling for 1000 years.
I believe that the elect come to life, part at the opening of the 5th seal and part at the blowing of the 7th trumpet.
Then, after marrying the Christ, they exercise authority with the Christ for 1000 years.
johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
When do you have the wild beast/8th king and false prophet being thrown into the fiery lake...at the 7th trumpet or when you say the 1,000 years begin?? :?:
How about the throwing Satan into the pit for the 1,000 years... do you say it is at the 7th trumpet or when you say the 1,000 years begin :?:
The wild beast and false prophet are thrown - while still alive - into the lake of fire during the pouring out of the bowls, BEFORE the 1000 year reign starts.
Satan is finally bound and imprisoned AFTER ALL the bowls have been poured and immediately before the 1000 years begins.

Now its my turn to question you...

If Daniel 12:2, as you contest, refers to the earthly resurrection and just prior to this occurring, those who will rule with Jesus are raised first, BEFORE the earthly resurrection commences.

Q.1 How is it that some of these 'holy ones' are still seen on the earth during these time after the earthly resurrection has started?
The scripture clearly say that these will be 'changed' granted immortality during the last trumpet and will be caught away in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and will always be with the Lord.

Q2. How is it that some of these 'holy ones' are said to be dashed to pieces on the earth after - as you contend - the earthly resurrection has taken place?
If ALL the 'holy ones' are raised first, before the earthly resurrections starts.

Q.3 How is it that there is yet a 'disgusting thing that causes desolation' put in place after Daniel 12:2 occurs, this would occur during the 1000 years, according to your belief?

Q.4 Are you teaching that during the 1000 years, there will yet be Kingdoms of the World that run in opposition to Christ?

Q.5 Are you teaching that the Kingdoms of the World are removed during the 1000 years, not before?

Q.6 What are you believing that this 'disgusting thing that causes desolation' is?

Q.7 The resurrection that Daniel himself was given hope about was to occur for him, after the days.
Daniel 12:13 “As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.”
To what 'days' do you think these are referring?

Kind Regards

Kerry

johnamos2.0

#79 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

The scripture clearly say that these will be 'changed' granted immortality during the last trumpet and will be caught away in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and will always be with the Lord.
LOL… since when do you care about what these scriptures clearly state in these regards, you keep ignoring the parts you want. Parts like the ‘resurrection begins when Jesus returns’ and the dead and living being raised 'at the same time'.
How is it that some of these 'holy ones' are still seen on the earth during these time after the earthly resurrection has started?
How is it that some of these 'holy ones' are said to be dashed to pieces on the earth after - as you contend - the earthly resurrection has taken place?
If ALL the 'holy ones' are raised first, before the earthly resurrections starts.
How is it that there is yet a 'disgusting thing that causes desolation' put in place after Daniel 12:2 occurs, this would occur during the 1000 years, according to your belief?
Are you teaching that during the 1000 years, there will yet be Kingdoms of the World that run in opposition to Christ?
Are you teaching that the Kingdoms of the World are removed during the 1000 years, not before?
You answer questions based on your own reasoning, not based on what the Scriptures actually say and you ask questions based on assuming that events occur in the order they are written, but Dan and Rev are not written in chronological order.
To what 'days' do you think these are referring?
Surly in regards to what Daniel was told it is referring to the point in which he would be resurrected. Him being told that he would rest but that he would standup for his lot is referring to him dying and being resurrected. We don’t know at what point in the 1,000 years/last day he will be resurrected.
What are you believing that this 'disgusting thing that causes desolation' is?
The UN, which is not only the DT but is also known as the KOTN/MOL/KFIC/wild beast for sea in Rev 13/8th king Rev 17, etc.

[Daniel 11: 31 And there will be arms that will stand up, proceeding from him (KOTN); and they will actually profane the sanctuary, the fortress, and remove the constant feature. “And they will certainly put in place the disgusting thing that is causing desolation. 32 “And those who are acting wickedly against the covenant, he (KOTN) will lead into apostasy by means of smooth words. But as regards the people who are knowing their God, they will prevail and act effectively. 33 And as regards those having insight among the people, they will impart understanding to the many… 36 “And the king will actually do according to his own will, and he will exalt himself and magnify himself above every god; and against the God of gods he will speak marvelous things. And he will certainly prove successful until the denunciation will have come to a finish; because the thing decided upon must be done... 44 “But there will be reports that will disturb him, out of the sunrising and out of the north, and he will certainly go forth in a great rage in order to annihilate and to devote many to destruction. 45 And he will plant his palatial tents between the grand sea and the holy mountain of Decoration; and he will have to come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him.]

[2 Thessalonians 2: 3 Let no one seduce YOU in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction. 4 He (MOL) is set in opposition and lifts himself up over everyone who is called “god” or an object of reverence, so that he sits down in the temple of The God, publicly showing himself to be a god…8 Then, indeed, the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will do away with by the spirit of his mouth and bring to nothing by the manifestation of his presence.]

[Daniel 8:23 “And in the final part of their kingdom, as the transgressors act to a completion, there will stand up a king fierce in countenance and understanding ambiguous sayings. 24 And his power must become mighty, but not by his own power. And in a wonderful way he will cause ruin, and he will certainly prove successful and do effectively. And he will actually bring mighty ones to ruin, also the people made up of the holy ones. 25 And according to his insight he will also certainly cause deception to succeed in his hand. And in his heart he will put on great airs, and during a freedom from care he will bring many to ruin. And against the Prince of princes he will stand up, but it will be without hand that he will be broken.]

[Revelation 13:5 And a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies was given it (wild beast), and authority to act forty-two months was given it. 6 And it opened its mouth in blasphemies against God, to blaspheme his name and his residence, even those residing in heaven. 7 And there was granted it to wage war with the holy ones and conquer them, and authority was given it over every tribe and people and tongue and nation…19: 20 And the wild beast was caught, and along with it the false prophet that performed in front of it the signs with which he misled those who received the mark of the wild beast and those who render worship to its image. While still alive, they both were hurled into the fiery lake that burns with sulphur.]

[Revelation 17:11 And the wild beastit is also itself an eighth king…and it goes off into destruction…13 These have one thought, and so they give their power and authority to the wild beast.]

johnamos2.0

#80 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?
In regards to the GT, it is the period of the 42-month authority given to the wild beast/8th king.

What and when such events will occur that will lead to the decision by the 10 kings to give their power and authority to the wild beast is what we wait to occur each day. Whatever these events will prove to be, trumpets 1-5 have their fulfillment within them.

The following picks up from when the 10 kings decide to give their power and authority to the wild beast…

The 10 kings give their power and authority to the wild beast at which point it will become the 8th and final king. This 8th king is said to be given 42-months. These 42-months occur during the 6th trumpet/2nd woe and it is during these 42-months that the ‘mark’ is given out. It is during this time that the beast is said to be waging war on the holy ones. When this 42-month authority ends that will be the end of the 2nd woe, the end of the dashing of the power of the holy ones.

In-between the 6th trumpet/2nd woe ending and just before the 7th trumpet/3rd woe, it is said that; ‘the sacred secret of God, is brought to a finish’. (Whatever that will entail.)

Then it is that the 7th trumpet/3rd woe will occur (Jesus’ arrival/the day of Jehovah is the 3rd woe) “Happy is the one who is keeping in expectation and who arrives at that day.”

[Revelation 9:13 And the sixth angel blew his trumpet.]
[Revelation 11:2 But as for the courtyard that is outside the temple sanctuary, cast it clear out and do not measure it, because it has been given to the nations, and they will trample the holy city underfoot for forty-two months.]

[Revelation 17:13 These have one thought, and so they give their power and authority to the wild beast.]

[Revelation 13:5 And a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies was given it (wild beast), and authority to act forty-two months was given it. 6 And it opened its mouth in blasphemies against God, to blaspheme his name and his residence, even those residing in heaven. 7 And there was granted it to wage war with the holy ones and conquer them, and authority was given it over every tribe and people and tongue and nation. 8 And all those who dwell on the earth will worship it;* the name of not one of them stands written in the scroll+ of life of the Lamb who was slaughtered,+ from the founding* of the world.+
9 If anyone has an ear, let him hear.+ 10 If anyone [is meant] for captivity, he goes away into captivity.+ If anyone will kill with the sword, he must be killed with the sword.+ Here is where it means the endurance+ and faith+ of the holy ones.+]

[Rev 14: 9 And another angel, a third, followed them, saying in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the wild beast+ and its image,+ and receives a mark on his forehead or upon his hand,+ 10 he will also drink of the wine of the anger of God that is poured out undiluted into the cup of his wrath,+ and he shall be tormented+ with fire and sulphur+ in the sight of the holy angels and in the sight of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever,+ and day and night they have no rest, those who worship the wild beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark+ of its name. 12 Here is where it means endurance for the holy ones,+ those who observe the commandments of God+ and the faith+ of Jesus.”]

[Dan 12: 7 And I began to hear the man* clothed with the linen, who was up above the waters of the stream, as he proceeded to raise his right [hand] and his left [hand] to the heavens and to swear+ by the One who is alive for time indefinite:+ “It will be for an appointed time, appointed times and a half.*+ And as soon as there will have been a finishing of the dashing of the power* of the holy people to pieces,+ all these things will come to their finish.”]

[Revelation 11:14 The second woe is past. Look! The third woe is coming quickly.]

[Rev 10: 7 but in the days of the sounding* of the seventh angel,+ when he is about to blow his trumpet,+ the sacred secret*+ of God according to the good news which he declared to his own slaves the prophets+ is indeed brought to a finish.”]

[Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel blew his trumpet. “The kingdom of the world did become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever.”]

[Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones,+ and there were those who sat down on them, and power of judging was given them.+ Yes, I saw the souls of those executed with the ax for the witness they bore to Jesus and for speaking about God,* and those who had worshiped neither the wild beast+ nor its image+ and who had not received the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand.+ And they came to life and ruled as kings+ with the Christ for a thousand years.]