So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Message
Author
Kerry Huish
Posts: 411
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

#111 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 weeks ago

typo on above chart - fixed
.
.
timeline.png
timeline.png (53.4 KiB) Viewed 311 times
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

Proselytiser of Jah
Posts: 187
Joined: 2 months ago
Contact:

Re: So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

#112 Post by Proselytiser of Jah » 2 weeks ago

Satan was confined to Earth in 1912-1917? Was there any.. sign of that?

Sounds very... "Watchtowery" style thinking to me, no offence of course, lol. Just is very strange and I don't know where that assersion comes from, does the Bible say we count from a certain date with a calcuation to read the book of Revelation in? I mean I'm glad to be educated on the matter :) But I'm just wary after the whole "1914" buisness, we know where that took us.

I don't think the Bible is telling us to calculate dates to see when these things will happen. I think none of the scriptures of Revelation have been fulfilled yet other than Satan's outcasting, which I think happened when Jesus was enthroned as soon as he ascended into Heaven after his resurrection.

Can we attest that these lengths of time are literal? Or just symbolic for something?
"The fruitage of the Spirit is; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control..." Galatians 5:22-23

Kerry Huish
Posts: 411
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

#113 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 weeks ago

Proselytiser of Jah wrote:
2 weeks ago
Satan was confined to Earth in 1912-1917? Was there any.. sign of that?

Sounds very... "Watchtowery" style thinking to me, no offence of course, lol. Just is very strange and I don't know where that assersion comes from, does the Bible say we count from a certain date with a calcuation to read the book of Revelation in? I mean I'm glad to be educated on the matter :) But I'm just wary after the whole "1914" buisness, we know where that took us.

I don't think the Bible is telling us to calculate dates to see when these things will happen. I think none of the scriptures of Revelation have been fulfilled yet other than Satan's outcasting, which I think happened when Jesus was enthroned as soon as he ascended into Heaven after his resurrection.

Can we attest that these lengths of time are literal? Or just symbolic for something?
See this post here for a brief explanation of why 1912-1917 or around 1914 is believed.

viewtopic.php?p=37479#p37479

Kind Regards

Kerry
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

johnamos2.0
Posts: 98
Joined: 1 month ago

Re: So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

#114 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

Nice chart Kerry.

Being that you state:
Posting this for those who are inclined and persuaded to believe that the Word of God is in order.
Don't you feel obligated to follow the order/timing in which the 'first resurrection' will occur :?:

You show clearly in your chart that at the 5th seal you believe the the dead elect ones are raised then.

Being that 1 Corinthians 15:52, 1 Corinthians 15:23, and 1 Thessalonians 4:16 state that those dead elect are raised when Jesus comes and at what is called the 'last trumpet', then if you truly believe that the dead are raised at the 5th seal, then does that mean that you are saying that the 'last trumpet' sounds at the 5th seal and that Jesus comes/descends from heaven at the 5th seal :?:

If you do place the 'last trumpet' as occurring at the 5th seal, then why are 7 trumpets said to blow after the so-called 'last trumpet' :?:
If you do place Jesus' coming/descending from heaven at the 5th seal, then does that mean that is Jesus' 2nd coming (Hebrews 9:28) and then he will have a 3rd coming at the 7th trumpet when you say Matt 24:30,31 occurs :?:

Kerry Huish
Posts: 411
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

#115 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Nice chart Kerry.

Being that you state:
Posting this for those who are inclined and persuaded to believe that the Word of God is in order.
Don't you feel obligated to follow the order/timing in which the 'first resurrection' will occur :?:

You show clearly in your chart that at the 5th seal you believe the the dead elect ones are raised then.

Being that 1 Corinthians 15:52, 1 Corinthians 15:23, and 1 Thessalonians 4:16 state that those dead elect are raised when Jesus comes and at what is called the 'last trumpet', then if you truly believe that the dead are raised at the 5th seal, then does that mean that you are saying that the 'last trumpet' sounds at the 5th seal and that Jesus comes/descends from heaven at the 5th seal :?:

If you do place the 'last trumpet' as occurring at the 5th seal, then why are 7 trumpets said to blow after the so-called 'last trumpet' :?:
If you do place Jesus' coming/descending from heaven at the 5th seal, then does that mean that is Jesus' 2nd coming (Hebrews 9:28) and then he will have a 3rd coming at the 7th trumpet when you say Matt 24:30,31 occurs :?:
viewtopic.php?p=49234#p49234
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

johnamos2.0
Posts: 98
Joined: 1 month ago

Re: So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

#116 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

I wonder where this fits in somebodies chart :?:

Daniel 8:13 And I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to the one speaking: “How long will the vision of the constant feature* and of the transgression causing desolation continue,+ to make both the holy place and the army things to trample on?” 14 So he said to me: “Until 2,300 evenings and mornings; and the holy place will certainly be restored to its right condition.”

Bobcat
Posts: 3840
Joined: 7 years ago

Re: So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

#117 Post by Bobcat » 2 weeks ago

I wonder where this (the "2300 evenings and mornings") fits in somebodies chart :?:

This is what I came up with.

And here is a chart (best I could do with forum editing software.


Bobcat

Kerry Huish
Posts: 411
Joined: 2 years ago

Re: So is there going to be a great tribulation or is there a misunderstanding on what that actually means?

#118 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 weeks ago

Bobcat wrote:
2 weeks ago
I wonder where this (the "2300 evenings and mornings") fits in somebodies chart :?:

This is what I came up with.

And here is a chart (best I could do with forum editing software.


Bobcat
This is how i see it: -

viewtopic.php?p=49361#p49361
Revelation 10:7 But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets.”

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests