Parousia and When Jesus Begins Ruling

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
John S

Re: Parousia and When Jesus Begins Ruling

#31 Post by John S » 1 month ago

Sitting at God's right hand is where Jesus always sits.

But receiving the crown and the Kingdom of the world becoming the Kingdom of God and of his Christ was far ahead in time from when Jesus was resurrected in 33.

No go. So i wouldnt be so bold about saying Jesus received the prophesied Kingdom of God in 33 c e when it wouldnt even "be set up" until all these other Gentile kingdoms prophesied in Daniel had come and gone.

Even Revelation, written at the end of the first century 6 decades after Jesus went to heaven prophesied the Kingdom was coming far in the future at the end of the harvest of the earth not before the wheat had even grown into full fruition.

out of pride you stand fast on the idea but the Kingdom was far from coming in 33.

Kerry Huish

#32 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 month ago

John S wrote:
1 month ago
Sitting at God's right hand is where Jesus always sits.
But this is not where Christ is sitting now.
Jesus currently sits with his Father on his Fathers throne.

Rev 3:21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.

From 33 CE Jesus sat at his Fathers right hand and began ruling in the midst of his enemies while the Gentile Times were running their course.
This rulership was alongside or in the midst of others.
After the completion of the Gentile Times, Jesus then took the scroll out of his father hand and sat down with his Father on His Throne - see Revelation 5 & 6
The heavens were cleansed and Satan had been cast down to the earth.
The world in general is oblivious to this fact but by the time the 7th trumpet blows, they will well know.

After the 1000 years are completed and everything restored, Jesus will vacate his Fathers throne handing back the Kingdom to his Father.

1 Cor 15:24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Kind Regards

Kerry

Kerry Huish

#33 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 month ago

Most definitely, Christ has been ruling over select ones from Pentecost 33 CE

However, the Kingdom of the World did not become the Kingdom of the Christ until Satan was made subject to him in 1914 - if you believe in the 7x calculation and the end of the Gentile Times.
Since 1914 Christ has remained seated with his Father on his Fathers throne until all 144,000 have been selected.

Not all of those anointed are of the 144,000, in fact very few are - see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3013
Once the last of these 'Brothers of Christ' has been identified then Christ will stand bringing a conclusion or end to a system of things.

It is during this time of Christ standing or taking action that the trumpets will begin sounding.
By the time the 7th sounds every eye will see him.

Revelation 1:7 “Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him”; and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”

Kind Regards

Kerry

John S

#34 Post by John S » 1 month ago

interesting comments men thanks

Victor

#35 Post by Victor » 1 month ago

(Luke 22:17, 18) . . .And, accepting a cup, he gave thanks and said: “Take this and pass it from one to the other among yourselves; 18 for I tell YOU, From now on I will not drink again from the product of the vine until the kingdom of God arrives.

Christ will rule on earth. The Apostles will sit on figurative thrones on earth.

Just as he walked the earth before he will return and rule over his enemies and "drink again from the product of the vine."

Stranger

#36 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago

Kerry, are you seeing double again? This is from John's own mouth (Rev 4:2)!

You may want to get that eye checked.

Stranger, (John 10:30)

Kerry Huish

#37 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 month ago

Stranger wrote:
1 month ago
Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago

Kerry, are you seeing double again? This is from John's own mouth (Rev 4:2)!

You may want to get that eye checked.

Stranger, (John 10:30)
The one seen seated in Rev 4:2 is not the Christ.
The lamb is seen in the midst of the throne and later comes forward and takes the scroll out of the hand of the one seated on the throne, read the next 2 chapers...

So again, I will say, being seated at Gods right hand is not the same as sitting with him on this throne.

This is another reason to conclude that Christ is not the creator as he is seen separate from the one on the throne.
Said of the one on the throne it is: -

Rev 4: 11 “Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.”

This is not Jesus as he is seen separate.

Regards

Kerry

Stranger

#38 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago
The one seen seated in Rev 4:2 is not the Christ.

Is that your final answer? Are you telling me this as an inspired word from God, specifically from Jesus Christ? (Rev 1:2)

Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago
So again, I will say, being seated at Gods right hand is not the same as sitting with him on this throne.

Kerry, no it's not the same thing, Christ can multi task, something I don't think you take into consideration. If the Father is sitting on the throne so is the Son (Jn 5:19)
As for the Son being at the right hand of God, I don't doubt it a bit, He's Right there too. That's a little much for you to wrap your head around at this point I know, but considering your background I feel sure Christ will give you a grace period to reconsider. (Rev 22:21 KJV)
Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago
This is not Jesus as he is seen separate.
Separate from what?

What do you think of the commandment Jesus gave the Father at (Jn 17:5)? I tell you truly, that was no plea bargain!!

Stranger

Kerry Huish

#39 Post by Kerry Huish » 1 month ago

So just to be 100% clear.

1. You believe that the one seated on the throne in Revelation 4 is Jesus?

2. And that the Lamb, who was seen seperate as being in the midst of the throne in Revelation 5 & 6 is also Jesus?

3. And that Jesus gave or took the scroll from himself, because Jesus can multi task?

4. And that being seated at the right hand of God is the same as sitting with God's on His throne itself?

Please advise?

Regards

Kerry

Stranger

#40 Post by Stranger » 1 month ago

Hi Kerry,
Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago
1. You believe that the one seated on the throne in Revelation 4 is Jesus?
Yes I do, and not just the throne in John's vision at Rev 4.
Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago
2. And that the Lamb, who was seen seperate as being in the midst of the throne in Revelation 5 & 6 is also Jesus?
Yes I do, Jesus as the slain Lamb with the seven spirits of God that was sent forth into all the earth snatched the book out of the hand of the one on the throne. (Christ is the only one that can interpret it.) (Rev 5:6-7)
Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago
3. And that Jesus gave or took the scroll from himself, because Jesus can multi task?
I'm not sure about you, but I'm sure about Jesus and trust me, it was no big deal.
Kerry Huish wrote:
1 month ago
4. And that being seated at the right hand of God is the same as sitting with God's on His throne itself?
I wouldn't phrase that question that way, but in answer I'll just tell you that Jesus was glad that his seat is being kept warm.

I don't have much time this morning so maybe you can answer my questions and I'll get back to you a little later.

Stranger, (Acts 7:59 KJV)