Revelation – Where we are in the stream of time​

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
AmosAU

Re: Revelation – Where we are in the stream of time​

#11 Post by AmosAU » 6 days ago

Hi CI,

In talking about the different calendars, It does sem very logical to think that the calendar will return to its original 360 day length. I've been looking into this for several years now, and there is sufficient evidence that this will occur.

Rev 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. 4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."
5 And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." Also he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."
6 And he said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment.

I believe it only stands to reason that if our Father is going to make all things new, again, it would include bringing OR rather restoring everything, including the calendar, back to His original creation status.

Regards, Amos.

coccus ilicis

#12 Post by coccus ilicis » 1 day ago

[
QuestionsFromReaders wrote: 6 days ago
AmosAU wrote: 6 days ago Hi CI,
In talking about the different calendars, It does seem very logical to think that the calendar will return to its original 360-day length. I've been looking into this for several years now, and there is sufficient evidence that this will occur ...I believe it only stands to reason that if our Father is going to make all things new, again, it would include bringing OR rather restoring everything, including the calendar, back to His original creation status. Regards, Amos.
I agree.
The lunar cycles created by God must be held to and respected
Hello, QuestionFromReaders,
Welcome,

I also agree with you and with Amos, but as I said we'll have to wait and see what happens. How often have people been wrong about the future, as the saying goes: the best-laid plans of mice and men. The same can be said about the rendering of the Bible into English, i.e. to make it readable so that people will understand it. Jehovah paints with broad brushstrokes that stretch from the beginning of the universe to life 'to time indefinite,' for man. It is humans who have painted in the detail. A great chunk of the OT and NT is the detail of what different ones did or failed to do, i.e. when Aaron made an image of Hathor and they started worshipping it. At that time Jehovah was prepared to start all over again with Moses. That is why no one knows the day or hour of Jesus's return because the timing of that depends on what humans are up to. What if everyone suddenly put on sackcloth and ashes as the people of Nineveh did, (Jon 3:5), its unlikely, but if it did happen, would the great reckoning that God has with the nations be postponed, (Jer 25:31)? Yes, it would,

It's us short-lived humans, the blades of grass that are here today and gone tomorrow, that constantly fret about time.

Jehovah's purpose is to bring about a new heaven and earth in which righteousness dwells. That is his primary goal for the earth and all life on it and in it. And if I am right then we are at the cusp of that change, the time when the light of the Son of Man's presence is spreading from east to west like lightning, (Mt 24:27), and I focus on that. Whether the earth will return to a 360 day year is on the back burner for now. Thinking about that I can't recall a single verse where is says the earth would go on forever, all Jehovah said concerning the earth was: ... "Never again shall I call down evil upon the ground on man's account, because the inclination of the heart of man is bad from his youth up, never again shall I deal every living thing a blow just as I have done. For all the days the earth continues, seed sowing and harvest, cold and heat, and summer in winter, day and night will never cease," (Gen 8:21,22). We don't know what will happen to planet earth but what we do know is that Jehovah does not destroy it nor will man be allowed to destroy it because a great crowd out of all nations survives the great tribulation. (Mt 24:15-22; Rev 7:13). And I am convinced that the preservation of the early manuscripts is not a coincidence but they were specifically preserved for this time, ( (Rev 10:7; Dan 12:4,8,9}.

Wallace, in listing the different phases of modern language translations said in the video in post 7 here that we are now in the period when accuracy is more important than fine prose or readability, before saying that NWT is the 'Most slavishly literal word for word translation that there is. I also think that the worldwide availability of the NWT is no mere coincidence, it was needed to make those waking up realize they had to re-examine what the Bible actually does say.

Let us do that with one crucial misunderstood verse, namely Rev 1:3, … Happy is the one reading and those hearing the words of this prophecy, and keeping/observing the words written in it, for the appointed time is near. This verse has baffled many ever since John wrote what he heard and saw. Clues within the text tell us the original account was in Hebrew, which was then translated into Greek. Wallace also says in his video, (link above), that a word in one language does not have an exact equivalent in another. Which I discovered when I did a brief stint as a language stylist for the Russian Academy of Sciences, which publishes scientific research papers in English science journals.

So let's go back to the OT an see where the underlined bolded words of Rev 1:3 are used in the OT to understand their connotation - Google: the idea or feeling which a word invokes for a person in addition to its literal or primary meaning of the word.

Isa 29:11 is addressed to Ariel, the lioness of God which is to become the altar hearth of God ... And it must occur in an instant, suddenly ...Linger you men and be amazed, blind yourselves and be blinded. They have become intoxicated ... but not because of liquor. For Jehovah has poured out a spirit of deep sleep and he closes your eyes ... And for you men, the vision of everything becomes like the words of a book that has been sealed up, [cf. Rev 10:4], which they give to someone knowing the writing, saying, "Read this, please," and he has to say: "I do not know this writing at all, (Isa 29:9-12). Such has been the case with reading and understanding Revelation, it was sealed until the things therein are observed.

Zeph 1:14 ...The great day of Jehovah is near and there is a hurrying of it very much. And Zeph 3:1-20...Woe to her that is rebelling the oppressive city. (vs 2) ... She did not listen/hear his voice she did not accept discipline. (vs 8) ... Therefore keep yourself in expectation of me, [cf. Dan12:12]. (vs 9) ... For then I shall give to peoples the change to a pure language. [vs 12] ... And I shall certainly let remain , [cf. Rev 12:17], in the midst of you a people humble and lowly, and they will actually take refuge in the name of Jehovah. (vs 20)... at that time, [cf. Rev 1:3], I shall bring you people in, even in the time of collecting you together. The pure language is what Wallace calls a literal translation, it is the very best we can do when rendering the original text into our language.

No doubt John recalled these verses and others when he heard what Jesus said. So, yes, we can be thankful for the NWT. They didn't get it all right because it was not the time when these things were observed. But they chose an apt name for their organization. The Hebrew word for observed 5341, natsar also means watch, e.g. as at (2Ki 18:8) ... from the tower of the watchmen clear to the fortified cities. And Job refers to Jehovah as a watcher of men ... what have I done to You, O watcher of men, (Jb 7:20).

Therefore … Happy is the one reading and those hearing the words of this prophecy, and observing the words written in it for the appointed time is near, (Rev 1:3).
LRW~

Kosonen

#13 Post by Kosonen » 12 hours ago

I think the situation in the world shows that we are very near the time when people will be put under compulsion to get the mark of the beast in order to be able to buy or sell. The new world authority who will be responsible for that will then be very active for 42 months as stated in Revelation 13.
I am waiting to hear news about the name of that beast and how to calculate its number 666.