Revelation 4:11

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Bobcat

Re: Revelation 4:11

#21 Post by Bobcat » 2 weeks ago

Thanks Stranger.

Bobcat (Still alive and kick'n, by the way.)

Stranger

#22 Post by Stranger » 2 weeks ago

Bobcat wrote:
2 weeks ago
Bobcat (Still alive and kick'n, by the way.)

It's a beautiful day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MZcj_JghOM
Bobcat wrote:
2 weeks ago
Glad to have you over here. One day I'll stick a pot of gold at the other end of one of those "here"s.

Stranger, (not shaking any dust) (Matt 10:9-10)

johnamos2.0

#23 Post by johnamos2.0 » 2 weeks ago

Welcome back on board, did you bring a new sword or do you still have your old one?
Neither, I don't carry one these days :-|
Attachments
fc344a40ff3e09c9763c4fcc54f11b65.jpg
fc344a40ff3e09c9763c4fcc54f11b65.jpg (66.01 KiB) Viewed 745 times

Stranger

#24 Post by Stranger » 2 weeks ago

johnamos2.0 wrote:
2 weeks ago
Neither, I don't carry one these days

Okay, I see where you're at.

Stranger,(Isa 49:2)

Stranger

#25 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

Bobcat wrote:
2 weeks ago
And in Rev 5 someone portrayed as a lamb approaches the throne to take the scroll. So how/who would you identify as the lamb that takes the scroll?
Hi Bobcat,

How about you Bobcat, what or who do you seem to be observing or hearing there in the Revelation?

Stranger, (Jn 5:39-40)

Bobcat

#26 Post by Bobcat » 1 week ago

To cut to the chase, I would say that it is the Father on the throne in chapter 4 and Jesus who approaches Him in chapter 5 to take the scroll and open it.

The throne scene in chapter 4 has some of the elements of Ezekiel chapters 1 thru 10 where God sits on the glass expanse. Chapter 5 has some of the elements of Daniel chapter 7 where "one like a son of man" approaches "the Ancient of Days" so as to receive glory and honor and ruling power.

That's my take on it.

Bobcat

Stranger

#27 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

Bobcat wrote:
1 week ago
I would say that it is the Father on the throne in chapter 4 and Jesus who approaches Him in chapter 5 to take the scroll and open it.

Fair enough, but wouldn't that make John the first man ever (other than Jesus) to catch a glimpse of the Father? The Bible says no man has ever seen Father God or has heard his voice at anytime.

Stranger, (Jn 5:37)

Orchid61

#28 Post by Orchid61 » 1 week ago

Handelingen 7:54–57 (ESV): 54 Now when they heard these things they were enraged, and they ground their teeth at him. 55 But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56 And he said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” 57 But they cried out with a loud voice and stopped their ears and rushed together at him.

Love to all 🌷

johnamos2.0

#29 Post by johnamos2.0 » 1 week ago

And in Rev 5 someone portrayed as a lamb approaches the throne to take the scroll. So how/who would you identify as the lamb that takes the scroll?
To cut to the chase, I would say that it is the Father on the throne in chapter 4 and Jesus who approaches Him in chapter 5 to take the scroll and open it.
Also:

Rev 6:16 And they keep saying to the mountains and to the rocks: “Fall over us+ and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne+ and from the wrath of the Lamb,+ 17 because the great day of their wrath has come,+ and who is able to stand?”+

Stranger

#30 Post by Stranger » 1 week ago

Orchid61 wrote:
1 week ago
Handelingen 7:54–57 (ESV): 54 Now when they heard these things they were enraged, and they ground their teeth at him. 55 But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56 And he said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” 57 But they cried out with a loud voice and stopped their ears and rushed together at him.

Love to all

Hi Maria,

Stephen may have seen the Glory 0f God with Jesus standing at His right hand but it doesn't say he seen the shape of the Father.
In either case he was not worthy of opening the Book of the seven seals or even to look at it. (Rev 5:3)

Only Christ can interpret the book of seals from the Throne. (Rev 5:7)

Warm regards,

Stranger