Am I one of the 5 ‘Wise Virgins’?

This is the place to discuss anything to do with scriptural doctrine. It is the primary purpose of this site, and most discussions will be here.
Forum rules
Matt 18:6; Eccl 7:9; 1 Pet 4:8 (If you're not sure what they say then please hover over them with your mouse or look them up in your own Bible before posting)
Stranger

Re: Am I one of the 5 ‘Wise Virgins’?

#71 Post by Stranger » 2 days ago

Kerry Huish wrote:
2 days ago
The number 10, as far as we were taught when we were Witnesses stands for 'completeness in an earthly' sense.
Of course, I know you will reject anything that is Witness based, but it is what it is and they are not wrong on every point...
Hi Kerry,

I'm not so sure the Witnesses can claim that they were the first ones to describe the #10 in the Bible this way. If you could give me some particular Witness based bible teachings that are unique to them then maybe I could tell you if I accept or reject it. (Example: Michael is Jesus) I reject. Although not entirely unique to them. It would be interesting to see which of their teachings you can come up with that are truly unique to them. Use some of those "beans" if you need to, I enjoy magic but I prefer refried (fri-Jo-les)

Stranger, (Ro 12:20)

Kerry Huish

#72 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 days ago

Stranger wrote:
2 days ago
Kerry Huish wrote:
2 days ago
The number 10, as far as we were taught when we were Witnesses stands for 'completeness in an earthly' sense.
Of course, I know you will reject anything that is Witness based, but it is what it is and they are not wrong on every point...
Hi Kerry,

I'm not so sure the Witnesses can claim that they were the first ones to describe the #10 in the Bible this way. If you could give me some particular Witness based bible teachings that are unique to them then maybe I could tell you if I accept or reject it. (Example: Michael is Jesus) I reject. Although not entirely unique to them. It would be interesting to see which of their teachings you can come up with that are truly unique to them. Use some of those "beans" if you need to, I enjoy magic but I prefer refried (fri-Jo-les)
You have been quite hostile in the past even towards ones who even dare use the NWT. I drew the mistaken conclusions about you rejecting anything watchtower based.

I stand corrected.

Kind Regards

Kerry

Kerry Huish

#73 Post by Kerry Huish » 2 days ago

An example of said hostilities: -
Stranger wrote:
1 year ago

WT this, WT that, NWT this NWT that, throw it all away, it's garbage, you wont find Jesus there!

Insight on the scriptures? :lol:. Put your eyesight on the Christ and let your ears hear what He tells you. (Mt 11:15)

Stranger, (2Pet 3:18)
This is why I drew the mistaken conclusion that you rejected anything watchtower based, especially any insight book reference.

Kind Regards

Kerry

John S

#74 Post by John S » 2 days ago

As former JW’s, .....

We were taught we did not need the ‘rebirth’of the Spirit, ....to be ‘born of God’......to have God ,’IN ‘ us, or Christ, ‘IN’ us. In reality, to be fair to all those who did receive the ‘token’, or ticket to heaven , the Spirit, as JW’s, we were ridiculed by the GB and all the elders and overseers under the GB chain of command, and constant could- shoulder -pressure was put upon us in an attempt to get us discharged and the consequential alienation of our family.

This treatment, which IS NOT THE PATTERN of healthful words found in accounts of disciples receiving the Holy Spirit in the Bible accounts of the first century, is just a tactic from ungodly men, not Christ, in a man-made religion, the ‘ Bible Students’, who became Jehovah’s Witnesses. It is nowhere seen in the Word of God as the way Christians should treat those who receive the Spirit, and I challenge everyone and anyone here to show me ONE example of this.

Adversely, the entire ministry of Christ and the Apostles is this: repent of sin, and ask God for the Spirit , then we will be able to fight sin in our members in order to receive the blessings of eternal life provided by Christ and Father Yahweh through the blood sacrifice of his Son.

The Word of the Apostles and Christ our Lord is we cannot fight the sins of the flesh successfully without the Holy Spirit inside of us, and ALL and EVERY sign, and arrow of speech and instruction from them is GET THE SPIRIT , and you will be able to fight the flesh, and become Holy in all our conduct. This cannot be reasonably or successfully disputed.

The NWT , as a mistranslated Bible tweeked by Franz from Wescott and Horts master text , as I discovered in my JW printed and copyrighted ‘ Kingdom Interlinear’ Bible, shows that in every instance where the Word of God says God is ‘in’ is, or Christ ‘in’ you, have altered the W and Hirt TRANSLATION, to say, ‘in UNION with you’.

That is NOT the same meaning!

Union denotes mental agreement, not God or Christ coming inside is to live , influence, teach, help us to control the strongest of our desires, sinful or good. I will select just 5 of the 109 times the NWT used the word, ‘in union with’, instead of ‘IN’...to show you what actual reliable and respected translators, not IMPOSTERS pretending they were translators, say God’s Word says:

John 10:38 Jesus

NWT....”But if I am doing them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, in order that you may come to know and may continue knowing that the Father is in union with me and I am in union with the Father.”

Wescott and Hort Greek Text.....”, if but I am doing, and if ever to me not you may believe to the works believe you, in order that you should know and you may be knowing that in me the Father and I in the Father.”

Rom. 8:1 Apostle Paul

NWT....”Therefore those in union with Christ have no condemnation.”

W & Hort....”Nothing really now condemnation to the (ones) in Christ Jesus.”

Col. 1:2 Apostle Paul

NWT... “...to the holy ones and faithful brothers in union with Christ.”

W & H....”...to the in Colossae holy and faithful brothers in Christ”

1 Pet.5:14 Apostle Peter

NWT....” May all of you who are in union with Christ have peace.”

W &H....”Peace to you, to all the (ones) in Christ.”

1 John 3:24 Apostle John

NWT....” Moreover he who observes his commandments remains in Union with him, and he in union with such one; and by this we gain the knowledge that he is remaining in Union with us, owing to the spirit which he gave us.”

W & H....” And the (one) observing the commandments of him in him he is remaining and he in him; and in this we are knowing that he is remaining in us, out of the spirit of which to us he gave.”

John 17:21 Jesus

NWT...”...in order that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in Union with me and I am in Union with you, that they also may be in Union with us, in order that the world may believe that you sent me forth.”

W & H....” .....in order that all (ones) one (thing) they may be, according as you, Father, in me and I in you, in order that also they in us they may be in order that the world may believe that you sent me forth.”

These are just 5 of the 109 instances I counted in the NWT concordance we received from the WTS, and which I examined when I was doing my ‘ forbidden personal research and study’, a thing WT brazenly commanded us NOT TO DO!

They repeatedly told us we were NOT supposed to do personal research but just read their interpretation and their doctrine. Deny this is you want, but it is true.

Two last scriptures:

John 1:30-34

“This is the one I spoke of when I said: A man who is coming after me who ranks before me because he existed before me. I did not know him myself, and yet it was to reveal him to Israel that I came baptizing with water.” John also declared, “I saw the Spirit coming down on him from heaven like a dove and resting on him. I did not know him myself, but he who sent me to baptize with water had said to me, ‘ The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and rest is the one who is going to baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ “

Acts 1:4,5 Luke

“When he had been at table with them, he had told them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait there for what thenFatherbhad promised. “It is “, he had said, “what you heard me speak about: John baptized with water but you, not many days from now, will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.” (The Jerusalem Bible)

Try as you may , you who comment against the Holy Spirit baptism....imitating WT doctrine, are not speaking the way of truth correctly. You have it here right from the Lord’s mouth. (See also John 3)

This is the meaning of having light inside of us, or water of life, Christ in us, Father in us.....all this is what Jesus and the Apostles taught. The Holy Spirit is integral, ......of utmost importance, to being a disciple of Christ.

“If you are led by the Spirit, no law can touch you.” Gal. 5:19-26

Bobcat

#75 Post by Bobcat » 2 days ago

Hi Stranger,

Hope you are doing well.

You posted a couple of questions I was hoping to get back to, which I will do in this post.

At (Mt 25:1) it says "then the Kingdom of Heaven will be like ten virgins." The question is: how can it be like ten when only five are permitted in?
To answer this it might be good first to recognize what Jesus meant when he would refer to "the kingdom of (the) heaven(s)/God" in a parable or illustration. (The gospel writers use the phrase "kingdom of [the] heaven[s}" and "kingdom of God" interchangeably. For some discussion of this see this thread.)

The answer is that this phrase refers to 'God's rule thru Christ.' So when Jesus begins an illustration saying that, 'the kingdom of heaven is like . . ., then, Jesus is saying that some situation or circumstance regarding 'God's rule thru Christ is comparable in some way to the situation he then goes on to describe.

God's rule thru Christ began when Jesus became the Messiah (29 CE). And Jesus rules as God's appointed Messiah until God "has put all enemies (including death) under [Jesus'] feet." (1Co 15:24, 25, 26) So this would mean that any illustration about the kingdom could involve some or all of a time frame starting at 29 CE on up to some 1000 years into the future. (On the idea that Jesus' rule began in the 1st century, see this post which has numerous scriptural indications that Jesus' rule began in the 1st century, and this one which discusses the phrase, "the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.")

The illustration of the 10 virgins begins with, "Then (or "At that time") the kingdom of the heavens will be like . . ." The "then" (Greek tote) is a time marker, which, contextually refers back to Jesus' parousia and "that day and hour" in Mt 24:36.

So, Jesus is parabolically describing a situation leading up to his return. Since the virgins are already part of the wedding arrangement, they would be persons who already had a relationship with the groom and were expecting to be part of the wedding banquet. If one understands the groom to be Jesus, then, the virgins would picture his disciples.

On this post I posted some reference material on Jesus' use of "10." By using "10" and dividing into two groups of 5: 5 successful getting into the wedding banquet, and 5 failing to make it into, Jesus illustrates how the quality of preparedness (or lack thereof) would affect their ultimate salvation. It doesn't mean that only 5 would be saved. The numbers are simply being used to describe a particular situation.

By dividing the two groups in half (5 and 5), Jesus focuses on the main point of always being prepared for his return. Had he had, for example, only one successful and nine failing to get in, listeners might get sidetracked into why only one gets in, etc. Five versus five keeps the focus on the main point. (Had he used 100,000 instead of 10, people would get sidetracked on why such a large wedding party, and so on. As my link above on the number 10 shows, "10" was probably a normal number for a setting of a wedding.)

It would be nice to know if the foolish ones had any oil to begin with (Mt 25:3), and also if the wise ones purchased their own initial reserve? (Mt 25:9)
Since all 10 had torches, it is reasonable that they all had an initial amount of oil. The torches would be out while they slept. And upon awakening to the shout that the bridegroom is "here," this is where the 5 foolish ones found out that they were short of enough oil to play the role that was intended for them. They were supposed to light the procession as the bride and groom traveled to the groom's home for the wedding banquet. The 5 wise one did. The five foolish ones had to go off to find more oil. (See this post for a good commentary on the parable.)

Hope this helps with your questions.

Bobcat (Mt 13:52)

Stranger

#76 Post by Stranger » 1 day ago

]HI Bobcat,

I'm doing well other than the normal aches and pains that come along and stick around as we age our way through these counted days of what we consider life as we know it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and I do agree with 99.9 cents of that $1.00 per gal. lamp oil you got for sale there. :) Can you warranty it against the grade they used in their lamps at (Acts 20:8)
Bobcat wrote:
2 days ago
Since all 10 had torches, it is reasonable that they all had an initial amount of oil. The torches would be out while they slept. And upon awakening to the shout that the bridegroom is "here," this is where the 5 foolish ones found out that they were short of enough oil to play the role that was intended for them.
Constable seems to favor Robertson at Word Pictures saying all the foolish ones only had their wick to rely on to stay glowing.
I found that over at the NET a pdf in Constables Notes for Mt 25:3.

Stranger, (Acts 1:13)

Stranger

#77 Post by Stranger » 1 day ago

Hi Kerry,
Kerry Huish wrote:
2 days ago
Stranger wrote: ↑1 year ago

WT this, WT that, NWT this NWT that, throw it all away, it's garbage, you wont find Jesus there!

Insight on the scriptures? . Put your eyesight on the Christ and let your ears hear what He tells you. (Mt 11:15)

Stranger, (2Pet 3:18)

This is why I drew the mistaken conclusion that you rejected anything watchtower based, especially any insight book reference.

Kind Regards

Kerry
If I recall right, I wrote those words with the intention of conveying a message about their literature being disposable and the fact that they themselves have instructed their own people to contain and destroy their own literature. If you were to divvy up how much has been deemed for destruction and how much is being accepted as useable, the scales would temp very quickly to destruction.

The sign off scripture I used there I feel is still appropriate and will remain that way. (2Pet 3:18)

I have to say that it's been nice posting with you Kerry in these last several posts we have had. I apologize for being hostile and actually I never feel good after being hostile, the bad feelings I get from it seem to linger on, I have not had those feelings in our recent posts, but don't let that be a reason to put to put your guard down, because I'm sure not. :)

Stranger, (Dan 2:14)

Bobcat

#78 Post by Bobcat » 1 day ago

Hi Stranger,

Good to hear you are doing well (except for the aging - same problem here :cry: ).

You pointed out concerning Constable's view:
Constable seems to favor Robertson at Word Pictures saying all the foolish ones only had their wick to rely on to stay glowing.
Constable also thinks the 5 foolish were unbelievers. My difference of opinion would be that they (the 5 foolish) were there for the very purpose of being in the procession with the bride and groom. Hardly an apt description of "unbelievers." And that a person having a "wick" would know from the get-go that it would be useless without oil or candle wax, etc (some sort of fuel). And that they (the 5 foolish) were all expecting to get into the banquet.

Contrast that with "the nations" in the parable of the sheep and goats. (Mt 25:31-46) The nations are gathered by the Son of Man. (Mt 25:32) The 10 virgins had assembled ahead of time for the purpose of being in the wedding procession. And the "nations" response to Jesus is as if they were unfamiliar with him. (Mt 25:37, 44) One wouldn't expect strangers (present company excluded :D ) to be among those welcoming a wedding party. (IMO) The 5 foolish virgins seem to have expected that they would be let into the banquet. (Mt 25:11) The verb for "open" is in the imperative mood. The phrasing of the request has the force of someone who expects to get in. The 5 foolish virgins' use of the double vocative ("Lord, Lord" - not translated in some Bibles) also raises the spectre of alarm over failed expectations reminiscent of Mt 7:22, 23, and uncharacteristic of "unbelievers."

Anyways, that's my 2 cents worth. I guess if one gets the main point about preparedness (which Constable does), the details are minor.

Bobcat

Get out of her

#79 Post by Get out of her » 21 hours ago

Brother Huish wrote:
I just cannot follow or agree with many of your teachings.

The 7 apostasies, rebirths and marriages, its not a scriptural teaching.
Hello again brother Huish. Since you clearly do not recognize the many scriptures I have cited in connection with this topic as supporting my position on it, I'm hoping you might be willing to share with us what they actually are conveying.
That Jesus performed miracles when he was a child? I have not read this in any of the gospels.

I know where this story can be found and the book belongs next to Harry Potter, not as part of the inspired Word of God.

To be teaching it, frankly, it's a shame and an embarrassment.
I would respectfully caution you not to be too hasty with your comments my dear brother. The evidence suggests that the books I'm referring to were among the ones that began to be recovered and translated from the caves of Qumran near the Dead Sea after being discovered in 1947. Moreover the archeologists, researchers and scholars that have continued to work on the site since then (which they now know to be much bigger than they initially imagined) have increasingly begun to move further and further away from the idea that this was a hasty hiding place of the ancient Essenes and more and more in the direction that this was actually the headquarters of John the Baptist and his disciples during his first century ministry. What we commonly refer to as the Dead Sea Scrolls has increasingly begun to appear as a kind of library of Bible books that had been gathered or accumulated by John and his disciples. In fact they now realize that copies of these Bible scrolls were being produced in these very same caves that were being used to store and protect them.

The fact is however there is much more reason than this to begin being a bit more open minded to the notion that the Bible most of us are familiar with today actually represents only a small portion of what has been penned over the millenniums by divinely inspired writers. Among these reasons are scriptures like Joshua 10:13 and 2 Samuel 1:18 where we find Jehovah himself directing our attention to the book of Jashar. Obviously this is among the books that have experienced the effects of a kind of "cancel culture" over the millenniums. Nevertheless I have personally read this book and there is no question in my mind whatsoever that it is among what should be recognized as God's written word.

When you are reading verses 37-39 of Matthew Chapter 23, what you are actually considering is a direct quote from yet ANOTHER ancient book that is normally not recognized as part of the Bible cannon. If I recall correctly this would have been one of the two books of Esdras which are now only referred to occasionally as part of the Apocrypha. My own research suggests that at least half of the 12 or so books that comprise this "Apocrypha" had already been removed from the Bible by the Catholic Church by the time King James removed what was left of them in the version he produced around the year 1611. This is among the reasons I have such great disdain for the KJV.

If you have ever bothered to read one or more of the volumes of the Book of Enoch, I'm rather certain you would not only begin developing more respect for the scriptures that REFER to this ancient prophet, but you would also begin to realize that one or more of the Bible writers you are familiar with are actually quoting directly from his writings at times. The fact is a significant portion of what continues to be discovered in the caves of Qumran is the writings of ancient Enoch.

Brother Hush cites 2 John 2:9:
2 John 9 Everyone that pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. He that does remain in this teaching is the one that has both the Father and the Son.

The way you present your arguments, it's just not sound.
You see already at this point I would humbly suggest you consider the question of whether it is the incredibly lowly and insignificant Sol that is guilty of "pushing ahead" here and failing to "remain in the teachings of Christ," or if it is not rather actually ones like King James of England or institutions like the Catholic Church.

Brother Huish wrote:
1 Corinthians 14:7 As it is, the inanimate things give off sound, whether a flute or a harp; unless it makes an interval to the tones, how will it be known what is being played on the flute or on the harp? 8 For truly, if the trumpet sounds an indistinct call, who will get ready for battle? 9 In the same way also, unless YOU through the tongue utter speech easily understood, how will it be known what is being spoken? YOU will, in fact, be speaking into the air.
I have asked of you, quite some time ago, to make clear what you are saying but you refused.
Until the Master arrives and sets all matters right, these 'magic bean' teachings must remain.
I can only hope that I help at least some to spot these counterfeit truths and avoid them.
Are you really paying attention to the scriptures my dear brother? It's exceedingly clear to me that among the things every single one of us has been relentlessly programmed our entire lives to overlook when we are reading the Bible is very critical changes in settings and context. This is because it has the desired affect which is an incredible amount of confusion and by extension an alarmingly low level of scriptural knowledge and understanding. I'm not trying to put you down; the fact is that in this particular time frame at least I have yet to find someone other than myself that this fact is not glaringly obvious to. It is among the things that finally forced me to realize that I had become an "appointed slave." Perhaps I can demonstrate this point in the following manner:

Since you clearly seem intent on performing at least some sort of ministry, (a desire which is of course very commendable in of itself) even if it involves merely—"helping at least some spot these counterfeit truths and avoid then" as you say; allow me please to pose the following questions to you: What is your target audience in this ministry? Is it the general public you are endeavoring to assist here, which the scriptures refer to with terms found in accounts like Matthew 28:18-20? or is it a ministry towards what is somewhat more cryptically referred to with terms like- "the lost sheep of the house of Israel," the "ten virgins," "Christ's domestics" or "brothers"? (Mt 10:5, 6 25:1, 2, 40)

ONE of these ministries involves "speech that is easily understood." (1 Cor 14:7) The other has been clearly demonstrated time and again to involve things like a constant stream of illustrations, parables, dramas, visions and dreams that require an interpretation on the part of Jehovah himself or otherwise an explanation by means of his prophets. (Ge 40:8) (Da 2:16-19) (Mt 13:34-36) (Mr 4:34) Since regardless of whether or not the context or setting happens to be that of a kingdom covenant in good standing with mankind or by contrast that of another foretold national apostasy JEHOVAH'S target audience nonetheless is always his anointed shepherding fold, the vast MAJORITY of his WRITTEN word is directed towards the LATTER. This of course is what makes so much of the Bible rather difficult to understand.

The first thing I would strongly recommend in your case brother Huish is to prayerfully and scripturally ascertain which of these two prophetic time frames we currently find ourselves in. If you determine we are in a setting in which Jehovah's nation or kingdom has once again been fully manifested by means of a renewed kingdom covenant and its corresponding resurrection of God's prophets or "two witnesses" which happens to be the precise context and setting of the ministry Jesus is speaking of at Matthew 28-18, 19, then I would strongly suggest you do something like rejoin the Watchtower organization in their door to door ministry. (Re 11:3, 7, 11, 12) Hopefully you at least could begin delivering a much more scripturally accurate version of the spiritual baby talk they always spew at the general public. If on the other hand you come to the conclusion that we are once again in a post-apostasy/PRE-kingdom setting, then I would strongly suggest you stay in a place or situation very much like the one you stumbled upon here at –"Discuss the truth.com" along with making the following adjustment or two in your approach:

Since you clearly do not recognize the incredibly lowly and insignificant Sol as one of Jehovah's prophets or appointed slaves, the first thing I would recommend is that you VERY QUICKLY get to work at finding someone you DO in fact recognize as such. Was this not precisely what was demonstrated for us with examples like those of the disciples of Jesus and John the Baptist in this very setting in the early part of the first century? namely the one we we once again find ourselves in at this very moment? (Ro 15:4) After all, even if we continue choosing to completely ignore a very clear and consistent scriptural pattern of Jehovah's prophets or what is also referred to as his "two witnesses" or "appointed slaves" appearing on the earth immediately prior to another "coming of the kingdom," we would still need to come to terms with what is stated in scriptures like Amos 3:7.

Once you have succeeded in doing THIS, the change in your approach I would recommend next would be that when you do not understand something that this prophet has to say, you approach this one "privately" for an explanation. (Mr 4:34) (Mt 13:36) There actually is in fact an option for private communication on this particular website which I seldom see being used. Of course if we do not currently recognize ANYONE as a prophet of Jehovah, then it would seem a complete waste of time on our part to follow this example of these ancient disciples.

There is absolutely no question in my mind brother Huish that in the case of yourself or ANYONE who actually begins paying close and prayerful attention to the scriptures themselves as opposed to things like YouTube videos or sermons and literature from non-Biblical sources, your efforts will immediately begin being rewarded by Jehovah. (2 Cor 6:17)

Brother Huish cites Luke 17:1:
Luke 17:1 Then he said to his disciples: “It is unavoidable that causes for stumbling should come. Nevertheless, woe to the one through whom they come!
Once again this would be a great example of how important it is for us to pay attention to the specific setting or context of any given scriptural account we are considering. Let's not forget first of all that the ministry of Jesus and his followers ITSELF was clearly identified as a kind of "stone of stumbling" or even "rock mass of offense" to ANY AND ALL who would refuse to respond favorably to it. (1 Pe 2:7, 8) (Isa 8:14, 15) (Mal 3:2, 3) This would ultimately include even the more "foolish" of the anointed "virgins." (Mt 25:1, 2)

The specific parable found here at Luke 17 was actually prompted from some "sneering" on the part of some "Pharisees" that were "listening in" on the sermons of Jesus. (Lu 16:14) As wild or even "crazy" as it might sound too many, let's just imagine for the moment that the incredibly lowly and insignificant Sol actually is a prophet of Jehovah. If this "sneering" or mocking of Jehovah's prophets that ALWAYS occurs in these time frames is actually along the lines of what we should be recognizing as the "stumbling block" Jesus speaks of here, then wouldn’t it be true we should be thinking merely in terms of how we might be a little more loving and respectful in the way we word our posts to our fellow brothers and sisters?

The fact is however that a deeper analysis of accounts like this in Luke will eventually lead to the conclusion that the "stumbling block" Jesus is ultimately speaking of here is the very thing that would ALWAYS essentially PRODUCE a plethora of figurative Pharisees on the earth. This figurative "thief in the night" that the anointed members of God's nation would ALWAYS be commanded to be "on the watch" for (even "three" times) after experiencing another renewed "kingdom covenant" in 33 CE is the "wicked" actions on the PART of these same anointed ones involved in "LEAVING" this "holy covenant." (Lu 12:35-40 22:28, 29) (Da 11:30-32) The spiritual "leprosy" that this always introduces into Jehovah's nation is indeed not only a tremendous "stumbling block" to it, but even a "leavening" that Jesus foretold to occur "three" times after his resurrection in SEVERAL different ways or "illustrations" in the Gospel accounts alone. (Mt 13:33, 34 16:6) (2 Ki 5:14)

Agape love;
Sol

Kerry Huish

#80 Post by Kerry Huish » 18 hours ago

Hi Sol

Sorry, but I just cannot bring myself to enter into a dialogue with you regarding spiritual things.
I feel it would be a waste of both our time and would accomplish very little.

Sadly many spirit anointed ones develop this attitude: -

2 Chronicles 18:23 Zed·e·kiʹah the son of Che·naʹa·nah now approached and struck Mi·caiʹah on the cheek and said: “In just which way did the spirit of Jehovah pass along from me to speak with you?”

How can you reason with someone who thinks they have a monopoly on truth?
How can you correct someone who believes that they alone are right?

The attitude leads to a self appointing of oneself over others, a belief that you alone are the Guardian Of Doctrine.

Christ explained things in such a way that even children could understand and get the sense of it.
And get the sense of it we should, other wise, how could we effectively teach others?

If we do not understand and try and teach, we could end up doing more harm than good.

Jesus' counsel was to leave such ones be, not to waste time with them.

Matthew 15:14 LET them be. Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.”

If we are teaching something that Christ did not teach, then we need to be cautious that we are not found promoting ourself and our teachings over that of Christ.

1 Timothy 6:3 If any man teaches other doctrine and does not assent to healthful words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, nor to the teaching that accords with godly devotion,
4 he is puffed up [with pride], not understanding anything, but being mentally diseased over questionings and debates about words. From these things spring envy, strife, abusive speeches, wicked suspicions, 5 violent disputes about trifles on the part of men corrupted in mind and despoiled of the truth, thinking that godly devotion is a means of gain.

You have said you piece and I have said mine.
Lets just leave the readers to use discernment.

Proverbs 17:10 A rebuke works deeper in one having understanding than striking a stupid one a hundred times.

I think it might be far better if someone else who also understands these so called 7 foretold apostasies, rebirths and marriages, like Sol, stepped up and had a go of presenting it.

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Kind Regards

Kerry