Wombaticus Orgiaticus

For those who enjoy creativity with language. General forum rules and policies still apply to content.
Marina

Wombaticus Orgiaticus

#1 Post by Marina » 3 years ago

I know this is a piece of prose - but there's so much poetic license in it, I put it in this section. :)

Wombaticus orgiaticus is a small creature something like a hedgehog. It is naturally curious and sociable. It has a foraging habit and can be found close to doorsteps looking for householders. Alternatively it can be found in areas of heavy footfall. This adaptable creature has a pouch in which it used to carry paper. It now carries a mobile device, thereby working to achieve a paper-free environment.

When carrying paper, the wombaticus would seek out friendly householders and give them paper. Behavioural Ecologists wrongly concluded the wombaticus was nest building. Later studies revealed the wombaticus was providing assistance to the householder and the paper contained organisational instructions. After this groundbreaking discovery, the species name of wombaticus was changed to wombaticus orgiaticus.

Friendly householders make pets of wombaticus, welcoming these delightful creatures into their homes and feeding them chocolate. Wombaticus has both a clock-watching instinct and a lingering habit, therefore feeding causes them to linger even longer. It is also likely to result in a return visit. Further to a return visit, the wombaticus may offer to study with the householder. If the householder accepts, wombaticus will be a source of endless upbuilding company to the point of even giving the householder a day out. The call to a day out usually sounds like this ‘would you like to come to our hall and listen to a special talk?’

The positive response and appearance of a householder at a hall, produces glee in a colony of wombaticii. Greetings are given and a great fuss is made. Long-term association with wombaticii causes the householder to morph in one. Undoubtedly this transformation can benefit the householder but there are dangers.

Wombaticus is oblivious to its predator, the robotic supersillyotic. From this risk-ignoring behaviour it derived its name wombaticus. The robotic supersillyotic holds the attention of wombaticus like a man holding the face of another man by gripping the face fully in his hand. Wombaticus is then slowly suffocated but kept alive just long enough to have the chemicals of its brain and stomach reorganised, thereby allowing a new robotic supersillyotic to develop within it. Once developed the robotic emerges from the carcass of its host and goes on to find other victims.

Any savvy creature who identifies the behaviour of the robotic and seeks to warn wombaticus is met with a prickly response. The once loveable and social creature wrinkles its nose, curls tightly into a prickly ball and it spits out its words of greatest venom ‘you are an apostate.’ These word are generally directed towards other wombaticii who have developed risk awareness and are likely to lose their identity as wombaticus orgiaticus.
Marina

AmosAu2

Re: Wombaticus Orgiaticus

#2 Post by AmosAu2 » 3 years ago

Well done Marina,

Regards, Amos.

Marina

#3 Post by Marina » 3 years ago

Glad you liked it Amos.

Thank you.
Marina

Marina

#4 Post by Marina » 3 years ago

Frequently asked questions

1) How does the householder morph into a member of the wombaticus family?

During the Dark Ages forbears of the wombaticus species discovered two instruction manuals. One was the original e-manual which contained life-saving instructions. The other was a washing machine manual. Wombaticii forbears were generally illiterate and relied on people who could read to explain the manuals to them. Devious literate people, called 'laundry men' mixed up the manuals; partly as a joke and partly to cause maximum confusion. However, the forbears were not to be fooled and made great efforts to learn to how to read in order to discriminate between the e-manuel and what they called the ‘lie of the laundry men’. Their efforts were excellent but they never quite fully made the distinction because the laundry men went from bad to worse in their tricks, white washing serious risks and bleaching red flags.

For this historic reason, wombaticus origiaticus fails to properly assess risks. It bases its life on organisation. If something is neatly organised, it is safe.

Until recently the first encounter between the householder and wombaticus involved the exchange of a neatly folded piece of paper. Wombaticus would present the paper then follow the householder round demonstrating its skill at origami. It could fold paper into birds, waterlilies and small frogs. After it had folded enough paper it would ask the householder for some plasticine and rub it around in its little paws till the plasticine was warm and malleable. Then it would issue its call to malleability by saying ‘are you malleable like this ball of plasticine?’ If the householder answered ‘yes’, the wombaticus would touch its toes and say ‘can you touch your toes?’ The willing householder would bend and touch their toes. Thereafter, the wombaticus demonstated a number of other body-folding exercises, to the point that enventually the householder folded themselves into a wombaticus.

The wombaticus would congratulate the householder on being so pliable and offered them empliyment folding paper and accompanying it on the foraging work.
Marina

jo-el

#5 Post by jo-el » 3 years ago

LOL ... I wish I'd read this days ago :lol: :e_clap:

Phoebe

#6 Post by Phoebe » 3 years ago

“Can you touch your toes?”
“Are you like this plasticine”

🤣😂🤣

Nice one Marina!

Marina

#7 Post by Marina » 3 years ago

Hi Joel and Phoebe

Thanks for the kind comments and so pleased it made you laugh :flowers: And oops sorry about the typo - just noticed I had written Palestine not plasticine in a couple of places but hope you knew what I meant!

Oh look - there's more :)

Generous wombaticus loves cleanliness and has made a study of bubbles. One of the many gifts it brings to its beloved householder is the book An Aid to Bubble Understanding. Using this it conducts free home bubble studies. The work is mostly compulsive reading with occasional confusing parts. When these parts are reached, wombaticus encourages the householder to suspend their disbelief by saying ‘anyone who has taught you the truth 99% of the time will not lie to you, will they? So, if you do not understand the final 1%, you trust the one teaching you and wait until you have grown in understanding.’

The malleable householder is expected to nod in agreement. However, some ask ‘who wrote this work?’ Wombaticus responds (usually with an air of triumph) that it was ‘the Writing Committee under the direction of the Body of Cyber Men.’ Thereafter, great trust in this Cyber Body is fostered.

The offspring of wombaticii have had this trust fostered from birth. Therefore, they come to view the Cyber Body as god-like. It is the source of all organisational instruction and not one word it speaks is a lie. The book An Aid to Bubble Understanding gets rewritten from time-to-time. Facts in one version contradict those in other versions but this is not lying. This is alkalying, alkali being an ingredient in soap. Soap of course, makes everything nice and clean. But the 1% lie comes from the laundry men, those who were the cyber men of old.

Wombaticus 99% free is kept captive by 1% lie. By this lie it is driven and operated by the cyber men. In reality, like the very paper it folds, wombaticus is free to become whatever it pleases but it is held fast, by one small pin, in the shape of a wombaticus. It is an adult’s foot, bandaged tightly from childhood, in the process of being forcibly deformed. There is pain due to constriction, the constriction of natural intellectual development. But however constricted, its 99% freedom is greater than the freedom of all others. Wombaticus is the expression of an inner conflict, Man, close to the truth, seeking to be free of lies and enduring the consequences of speaking the truth. The clean man being framed as filth. Man, the learner, the mathete, loving, kind, caring seeking to fight his way out of a mother of all paper bags. Can he make it? Will he make it? This is the question. This is the tale of wombaticus. This is the soap opera.
Marina

jo-el

#8 Post by jo-el » 3 years ago

Marina wrote:
3 years ago
Thanks for the kind comments and so pleased it made you laugh :flowers: And oops sorry about the typo - just noticed I had written Palestine not plasticine in a couple of places but hope you knew what I meant!
and there I was trying to mentally squash in a MIddle East reference. I have to admit it was finding it pretty difficult. "Warm" was the easiest match, but I wasn't quite sure why the householder happened to have a handy ball of earth from the Middle East? I did try .....

Orchid61

#9 Post by Orchid61 » 3 years ago

The clean man being framed as filth. Man, the learner, the mathete, loving, kind, caring seeking to fight his way out of a mother of all paper bags. Can he make it? Will he make it? This is the question. This is the tale of wombaticus. This is the soap opera.
Yes, he can make it, he just have to make a slippery slide on a nice bar of Sunlightsoap.

As he is a big bubbleman, he cannot see his own toes, but that doesnt hold him back, just sliding along gaining speed as he Goes leaving the giant of all paper bags behind.

:waving:

Marina

#10 Post by Marina » 3 years ago

Hi Maria
Orchid61 wrote:
3 years ago
Yes, he can make it
Yes of course he'll make it. :cheerleader: But it's not easy!

Hi Joel
jo-el wrote:
3 years ago
and there I was trying to mentally squash in a MIddle East reference. I have to admit it was finding it pretty difficult. "Warm" was the easiest match, but I wasn't quite sure why the householder happened to have a handy ball of earth from the Middle East? I did try .....
Your comment put me in mind of…

One of the tricks played by youthful wombaticii :P

Meetings at the hall could sometimes be a bit boring. However, wombaticus is a brilliant public speaker. Confident and bold, the little creature can hold its own in the face of almost all opposition.

It acquired this skilled from the School of Bubble Teaching. Each week, enrolled wombaticii of all ages give five minute talks. Parents thrill at the first talk given by their infant offspring and however that little one performs, its efforts are met with thunderous applause.

The wombaticii love applause, both giving and receiving it. They are especially well adapted to standing on a platform and would even live on it. When Shakespeare wrote those famous words ‘all the world is a stage,’ he was actually alluding to the wombaticii, a fact frequently stated in the literature published by the Writing Committee.

Platform-loving youth rise to the challenge of giving a talk. But, having heard it all before they can be at a loss as to how to make their talk more interesting. That is until one of their friends suggests incorporating an unusual word such as ‘trampoline’. Gestures are expected and the word ‘trampoline’ would allow the speaker to use his feet. When hands and feet are simultaneously waved about, the combination is called ‘the dramatic four-paw gesture’.

One memorable talk which incorporated the word ‘trampoline’ was carried out by a young wombatical brother whose assignment was a talk on go-bags. He explained it would be wise to pack only what was necessary. “For example,” he said, “if we were going to the moon would we take a trampoline? No.” Then, using up the remaining four minutes, he cavorted around the platform making many dramatic four-paw gestures to demonstrate what it would be like using a trampoline on the moon.

Wombaticii who begin to unfold and become unempliyed have expressed the view that through such silly behaviour, the e-manual was mixed up with the washing machine manual. They point out that there are very few references to ‘the platform’ in the e-manual. But the washing machine manual frequently speaks about the ‘soap-box’ which is an ancient word meaning ‘platform’. Others, with more insight say that something sinister is going on and that. It is not just silliness, the wombaticii are being deliberately misled.
Marina